[Gac-gnso-cg] MP3 recording GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference Tuesday 04 November 2014 1400 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Nov 4 18:36:35 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the GAC / GNSO Consultation Group
teleconference held on Tuesday 04 November 2014 at 1400 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-20141104-en.mp3

 On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov

 The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Government Advisory Committee

Mark Carvell, UK

GNSO Council

Amr Elsadr, Councilor

David Cake, Councilor,

Brian Winterfeldt, Councilor

GNSO Liaison to the GAC:

Mason Cole

Apology:

Volker Greimann, Vice Chair

Avri Doria - Councillor - NCSG

Jonathan Robinson, Chair

Manal Ismail - co-chair - Egypt

Ana Neves, Portugal

ICANN Staff:

Marika Konings

Olof Nordling

Julia Charvolen

Karine Perset

Nathalie Peregrine

Public archives of the mailing list can be found at:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gac-gnso-cg/

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Nathalie

Adobe Chat transcript:

  Marika Konings:Welcome to GAC-GNSO Consultation Group Meeting of 4
November 2014

  Mason Cole:Good morning, good afternoon all

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello Mason!

  Brian Winterfeldt:Good morning!

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello Brian!

  Mark Carvell:Hello from London!

  Brian Winterfeldt:Hi Nathalie.

  Brian Winterfeldt:Thanks for all your reminders about the call!

  Nathalie  Peregrine:David Cake has joined the AC room

  David Cake:Good morning (well evening here), sorry I'm late had technical
issues with AC loading

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Amr Elsadr has also joined

  Mason Cole:Hello Amr!

  Amr Elsadr:Hi. Apologies for being so late. On the AC audio now.

  Amr Elsadr:@Mark: I appreciate the timing issue, which is why I wouldn't
mind a little accomodation to that challenge from the GNSO side. However,
assurances need to be provided that the GAC is also committed to trying to
make this work.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Suzanne Radell has just sent in her apologies for this
call

  Amr Elsadr:If it is agreed that GAC input will be provided at the PDP
working group stage, the need for intersessional decision-making will not be
necessary. I mean at least for a first step.

  Marika Konings:Maybe we could think of a template of what information
would need to be provided to the GAC in order to be able to trigger the
quick look mechanism? This is something that then could be prepared at the
same time as the request for an Issue Report is being considered by the GNSO
Council and submitted immediately following approval by the GNSO Council of
a request for an Issue Report?

  Brian Winterfeldt:I support Mason having a colleague on the GAC who can
serve as a direct connection for communication between Mason and the GAC.

  David Cake:Not even just GAC members busy this week. Some GNSO people in
Busan too.

  David Cake:OK by me.

  Brian Winterfeldt:Thank you Mason and Marika!

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.

  Brian Winterfeldt:Thank you all.

Mark Carvell:Just checked my diary - I'm travelling to Strasbourg on the
18th.