[Gac-gnso-cg] MP3 recording GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference Tuesday 09 September 2014 1300 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Sep 9 16:44:21 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the GAC / GNSO Consultation Group
teleconference held on Tuesday 09 September 2014 at 1300 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-20140909-en.mp3

 On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep

 The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Government Advisory Committee

Manal Ismail - co-chair - Egypt

Mark Carvell, UK

Suzanne Radell  - USA

Ana Neves, Portugal

GNSO Council

Avri Doria - Councillor - NCSG

Amr Elsadr, Councillor

Apology:

Jonathan Robinson, Chair

David Cake, Vice Chair

ICANN Staff:

Marika Konings

Julia Charvolen

Olof Nordling

Terri Agnew

Public archives of the mailing list can be found at:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gac-gnso-cg/

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Chat transcript:

Marika Konings:Welcome to the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group meeting of 9
September 2014

  Manal:Hello Marika ..

  Marika Konings:Hello Manal

  Marika Konings:How are you?

  Manal:I'm fine .. thanks ..

  Manal:trying to test my audio .. can you hear me?

  Marika Konings:Can you try again - I had my speakers on mute

  Manal:speaking .. can u hear me?

  Terri Agnew:I can not hear you

  Marika Konings:me neither

  Terri Agnew:Let me know if you need us to dial out to you

  Manal:I ssem to have a problem with the audio :( ..

  Manal:appreciate dialing me at +202 38570705

  Terri Agnew:Will do

  Manal:Hi everyone ..

  Manal:Just have some technical challenges with my audio ..

  Manal:Terri is dialing me ..

  Manal:we'll start in a couple of minutes ..

  Manal:apologies for the inconvenience ..

  Suzanne Radell:Hi all, I will have to drop off the call at 9:45; apologies
in advance.

  Terri Agnew:@Suzanne, thank you for letting us know

  Terri Agnew 2:Amr Elsdr has joined

  Amr Elsadr:Hi. Really sorry I'm late. Dialling in now.

  Amr Elsadr:10th wedding anniversary. Had some shopping duties!! :)

  Amr Elsadr:Darn. I missed Marika's presentation.

  Marika Konings:You are lucky - it is all recorded and transcribed ;-)

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks. :)

  Avri Doria:should the liason should be invited to join these meetings?

  Terri Agnew 2:David Cake sends his apologies

  Avri Doria:thanks Manal for answering my question

  Ana Neves:Agree with Suz

  Ana Neves:The results from the survey are self-explanatory of the work
ahead of us...

  Suzanne Radell:I support the idea of an open face to face meeting in LA,
if at all possible to schedule

  Marika Konings:I believe we currently have a time scheduled on Sunday from
18.30 - 19.30

  Ana Neves:open f2f meeting

  Manal:Yes Ana .. if this was a question :) ..

  Mark Carvell:I agree with the f2f mtg proposal - all GAC should attend!

  Manal:@Mark I really hope they do ..

  Suzanne Radell:So our challenge is to make the meeting irresistible, yes?

  Manal:@Suzanne yes ;) ..

  Ana Neves:ok, got it

  Suzanne Radell:Thanks all, signing off now.

  Marika Konings:Quick Look mechanism indeed should pre-empt any GAC advice
or input at a later stage

  Marika Konings:should NOT

  Marika Konings:sorry for the omission

  Manal:Thanks Suzanne ..

  Manal:Thanks Marika .. noted ..

  Mark Carvell:If quick look is triggered at a meeting with the GNSO liaison
at a GAC mtg and then run in parallel with public comment period of 21 days
to allow consultation in capitals,  think this could work.

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Manal, could the triggering mechanism include input to
the next stage of the PDP during the chartering of the PDP working group?

  Manal:@Mark I agree .. hope eveyone else do ..

  Manal:@Amr I think yes .. it sure could ..

  Amr Elsadr:That would be great. These early stages are very important,
because GAC input here may inform the GNSO of implications that may be
important to the GAC that we may have missed.

  Amr Elsadr:It'd be very helpful to have the GAC ensure that they are part
of the PDP scope at the early stages.

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks. Bye.

  Ana Neves:Thank to you, Manal and to the Secretariat. Always great work!

  Manal:Great work indeed ..

  Manal:thanks everyone ..