[Gac-gnso-cg] MP3 recording GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference Thursday 1 October 2015 1600 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Thu Oct 1 20:57:57 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference held on Thursday 1 October 2015 at 1600 UTC at:

<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03Zqpsu1VPb5OpfObZ-2F1Gn-2BLMubrSPsKzHah6IQvVKHLFpvqzA-3D-3D_QuA5zZR9ZZ7J1F2FeF-2FOsgm1hgIDcBrAX2P7Ezxmql7ckJc4ios1-2BxObAoz2rzLSI3c4QB1NGo7bw7XrBjpRCbz74w4vzk48UxZMFoBBQBQaQ0ePdiOjdJ30sQNHkokOf-2F2p-2FBvMgKvMhzp-2B4u8fP-2BRrSytHe2KCf2HpQmtSbpezMgNTUG57PiORAPesOotpHA-2BC4pSmXJRsVmpbNaLqzvgxSz-2Bfd70gAu2RunArjz35JP4UyM6qCx27Mze-2BtJFW30dJRaIyfXoUlDmalCJvv9zSMN30tZdq7FRyBFP2nCTK0viZL0iT2EVbRQzUYGQGjmCFIs4Gkri-2FggdijqUKXHC4X88UZHvbd54X75-2F8O7LvPguq5ZPSeYD-2F3V3952Z6hqLiJhfINS0J06ukSsn2hrd3R2Lzm107Q5vECJ8CWxvNYI1RX0fenb-2B1oDmwUxpjLnGbYGreu5Q3CeVVl-2F-2F6VOqtRSMMpY6DUy7JfKhnHZb-2F7NZNbtGfXlKY1-2FYRWtX5>http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-01oct15-en.mp3<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-01oct15-en.mp3 > <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-01oct15-en.mp3 >

 On page:
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#dec><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep>http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#oct>oct<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#oct>

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Government Advisory Committee
Manal Ismail – co-chair – Egypt
Mark Carvell, UK
Ana Neves, Portugal
GNSO Council
Jonathan Robinson, Chair
GNSO Liaison to the GAC:
Mason Cole
Apology:
Carlos Raul Gutierrz
Avri Doria
ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Olof Nordling
Karine Perset
Julia Charvolen
Nathalie Peregrine

Public archives of the mailing list can be found at:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gac-gnso-cg/

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie

Adobe Chat transcript
   Nathalie  Peregrine: Welcome to the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group meeting of 01 October 2015

  Manal Ismail:Hi Marika .. Hi Nathalie ..
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello and awelcome!
  Mason Cole:hello all
  Olof Nordling:Hello from Brussels
  Manal Ismail:Hi Mason .. Hi Olof ..
  Jonathan Robinson:Hi All
  Manal Ismail:HI Jonathan ..
  Manal Ismail:we're just about to start ..
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Please all remember to mute your mics and phpnes when not speaking, thank you!
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:Have just joined - hello everyone!
  Jonathan Robinson:I thought you liked the sound of me typing :-)
  Nathalie  Peregrine:It was very vigorous!
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:I did not understand well the reference to the streamlining opportunity for the PDP.
  Manal Ismail:Kindly note that you have control to scoll down ..
  Jonathan Robinson:That suggestion - to specifically invite participation from an AC that has requested the issue report  - makes sense to me
  Manal Ismail:@Mark I think thi shas to do with when the charter is submitted along with the Issue Report and both put for public comments I guess .. but I stand to be corrected by Marika when she finishes or Jonathan of course ..
  Manal Ismail:@Jonathan I fully agree ..
  Olof Nordling:Jonathan, we can't hear anything (or is it just me being disconnected?)
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:i've lost audio...
  Nathalie  Peregrine:We can hear on the AC audio, not the phone, we need to re dial the audio bridge
  Nathalie  Peregrine:can we please pause as we are not being captured on the recordings?
  Olof Nordling:OK, now sound is back:-)
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:back on - thanks!
  Nathalie  Peregrine:excellent
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:If GAC is likley to make substantiaal policy interest input, it should join the charter drafting group.
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:Agree this poitn - it helps secure commitment and profile in the GAC.
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:Should GAC proceed to form a sub-group at this stage - probably yes I think.
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:@Olof - yes good range of options.
  Manal Ismail:It sure is .. I agree ..
  Manal Ismail:we're just brainstorming here to have something concrete to propose ..
  Olof Nordling:@Mark - yes, thanks for picking it up
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:Liaison role here could be importsnt to ensure effective meetign of minds between GNSO and GAC - and correctign any misunderstanding or oversight.
  Mason Cole:@Mark, indeed
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:GAC should see draft of final report.
  Manal Ismail:@Mark do you mean before its posted publicly ?
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:It should be a GAC agenda item which GACsub-group or rapporteur would report to plenary .
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:Agree Marika - need this kind of modality to ensure GAC profile is maintained and process is predictable.
  Manal Ismail:Thanks Mark noted ..
  Manal Ismail:It good to know :) !!
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:What is third one?  IANA transition exerts a tight squeeze on time to dedicate to these PDPs.
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:Very  complex topic (as I recall well!)
  Jonathan Robinson:I know we haven't had time to get to teh review of Liaison but it will be good to get a suggested approach underway
  Jonathan Robinson:Marika can speak to the timing
  Jonathan Robinson:@Marika. I agree, a list of objectives. Perhaps table type format will be helpful
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:How does Mason feel it has gone: has he been able to talk to many GAC members?
  Jonathan Robinson:Also, we will need time to communicate tot GAC / GNSO and/or for joint meetings
  ana neves:it would be interesting to have an assessment made by Mason...
  Jonathan Robinson:@Mark. Good point. We could have input from Mark / discussion of usefulness prior to a mre fomal evaluation
  Mason Cole:@Mark, yes, I've had no issue with accessing GAC members
  Jonathan Robinson:I meant input from Mason
  ana neves:mason, I imagine there was no issue :-) but it would be interesting to have some comments from your side
  Jonathan Robinson:I think the suggestion was feedback from Mason at joint GNSO / GAC meeting in Dublin perhaps?
  ana neves:online and offline. it would be interesting for us to better understand how things could run perhaps in a more eefctive and engaged way?
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:Thanks Mason - good to know!
  ana neves:don't think so
  Marika Konings:there is still a lot to discuss but I don't know if there is time
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:Peronally I'm away al ot in Brussls and Strasbourg over next two weeks.
  ana neves:agree with Marika
  ana neves:thanks, Manal and colleagues!
  Mason Cole:thanks all
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:Very useful call - thanks Manal and colleagues
  Manal Ismail:Thank you all ..