[Gac-gnso-cg] Updated: MP3 recording GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference Monday 3 October 2016 at 1900 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Oct 4 06:54:52 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference held on Monday 3 October 2016 at 1900 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-03oct16-en.mp3<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__audio.icann.org_gnso_gnso-2Dgac-2D03oct16-2Den.mp3&d=DQMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=AZ0IR9_1YBnv9-NsblndaRYkwHipv1hqisLvtQByNp8&s=8fpWKlJmyZ6c17SfMDeztxwlaUpD4CiHXtHy3Yn7u6s&e=>
 On page: ?http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar-23jan&d=DQMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=AZ0IR9_1YBnv9-NsblndaRYkwHipv1hqisLvtQByNp8&s=1khBCKADk9JENlGBFKpOVRILDKAxZVE6rKF044ohppI&e=>oct
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/[gnso.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_calendar_&d=DQMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=AZ0IR9_1YBnv9-NsblndaRYkwHipv1hqisLvtQByNp8&s=LK1BZCfEGLJ3QKqAxHPUHxCo4n4AFdWi2THdOmDeXOw&e=>

Attendees:

Government Advisory Committee
Manal Ismail, Egypt, Co-Chair of Consultation Group
Mark Carvell, UK
Jorge Cancio, Switzerland

GNSO Council
Jonathan Robinson co-Chair of Consultation Group
Carlos Raul Gutierrez, Councillor

GNSO Liaison to the GAC:
Mason Cole

Apology:
Phil Corwin, Councilor
Paul McGrady, Councillor
Ana Neves, Portugal

ICANN Staff:
Olof Nordling
Marika Konings
Glen de St Gery
Fabien Betremieux
Julia Charvolen
Nathalie Peregrine

Public archives of the mailing list can be found at:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gac-gnso-cg/

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie

Adobe Chat transcript
The chat history has been cleared

Nathalie Peregrine: Welcome to the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group Call taking place on Monday, 3 October 2016 at 19:00 UTC

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: testing

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: hi Nathalie

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: long time no see

Nathalie Peregrine: Welcome Carlos!

Mason Cole: Hello all

Nathalie Peregrine: Hello Mason

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: in the summertime

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: 2 from LA and 1 from NY in the winter

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: such is life in the tropics

jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland): hello all

Olof Nordling: Hello all, finally made it to the AC room!

Jonathan Robinson: Hello All. Apologies, I have been a little distracted by my CWG co-chairing responsibilites

Mark Carvell  UK GAC representative: Manh congrats to you Jonathan and Lise on "no more US ontract"!:

jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland): my connection is quite poor (just in case I do not react...)

jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland): I found Marikas & Manals last draft very helpful

Mark Carvell  UK GAC representative: I was away on leave for much of the recent period of consultation so my apologies for not contirbuting recently to finalisation. It is an excellent document and many thanks to Jorge for valuable comments and proposals.

Marika Konings: FYI, the version that is referenced by Manal is up on the screen in Adobe Connect

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: Oct 13

Marika Konings: document deadline for 13 October meeting is today....

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: we re just in time....

Marika Konings: although it could still be submitted and discussed, but no decision could be taken

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: I would support the suggestion to send it out as read to have it in the AGenda of the Council

Marika Konings: 23 October is the document deadine for the GNSO Council meeting in Hyderabad - so maybe final version could be shared prior to 13 October meeting for discussion, with a view to adoption in Hyderabad?

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: 10 days between the call on the 13th and the deadline of 23rd Oct

Marika Konings: so how about a deadline for comments for this Friday?

Mark Carvell  UK GAC representative: I was going to suggest 20 October for GAC: is that too late?

Marika Konings: so we can distribute final version on Monday 10 October

Olof Nordling: For the GAC there is some flexibility to the date mentioned, so the GNSO deadline of 23 I think would still be acceptable

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: txs marika!

Mark Carvell  UK GAC representative: Agree with Olof; earlier the better this week and allow sufficient time - 2 weeks - for reps to digest and be reminded of critical importance.

jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland): we should only send one final "consultation group" version, I think

Mark Carvell  UK GAC representative: The changes are mainly about mechanics of interaction between the GNSO and the GAC - so not major substantive issues?

Olof Nordling: have checked the latest version and, aside from Manal's comments, I only have a couple of mere nits - like a "g" missing on p4 and a "d" missing on p 6

Olof Nordling: or rather on p5......

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: @Mark we have the mechanisms already set: Early warning and Liason, Leadership meetings etc.. Just a matter of emphasis people might want to add. Or clarifications. In my opinion.

Marika Konings: @Olof - can you drop me an email to indicate where exactly these letters are missing so I can update accordingly? Tnx.

Mark Carvell  UK GAC representative: The primary issues for the GAC are capacity building to connect with PDPs and GAC leadership oversight.

Olof Nordling: @Marika, of course, will put those in Manal's redline version

Mark Carvell  UK GAC representative: Yes to the strong communication message!

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: + cover letter

Mark Carvell  UK GAC representative: Great action plan.

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: Thanks to all

Mark Carvell  UK GAC representative: Thanks - bye all!

jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland): thanks to all and bye