[Gnso-bylaws-dt] Comments/Questions re ICANN Bylaws & GNSO Procedures Mapping

Darcy Southwell darcy.southwell at endurance.com
Fri Oct 7 20:37:22 UTC 2016

Seems like we’ll be pressed for time on Monday so I thought I’d share these three items in advance of our meeting.

In re-reading the rest of the ICANN Bylaws & GNSO Procedures Mapping, I suggest that 25.2(b) and 26(a) would be more appropriately supported by a Supermajority vote.   A Supermajority is more consistent with the Bylaws’ requirement of approval of 3/4 of the Board as well as the DT’s recommendation regarding issues like 16.2 PTI Governance.

Re Annex D, 1.3(b), it looks like the EC has the right to request a publicly-available conference call.  Based on the included questions, I’m guessing we don’t have more clarity here, but it seems as though we need to have some threshold identified as to how the GNSO (as a decision participant in the EC) contributes to that decision.  Given that this is just the right to request to hold this call, I suggest a simple majority of each house approve the GNSO’s position in such a case.

Re Annex D, 1.4, seems like we need a voting threshold for deciding whether the GNSO will vote for or against or abstain.  Can someone provide some guidance as to what types of decisions may be coming up?  I realize we’re just speculating.

Thanks,

Darcy

Darcy Southwell | Compliance Officer

M: +1 503-453-7305 │ Skype: darcy.enyeart