[Gnso-bylaws-dt] MP3 and Attendance - GNSO Bylaws Implementation Drafting Team - 10 October 2016

Metalitz, Steven met at msk.com
Mon Oct 10 18:54:34 UTC 2016

Please correct spelling of “excerpts” on page 1, and of “Recommendation” on the far right column.

In only three instances, two of them dealing with Section 6.1, the recommendations column employs the term “consensus.”  In one of these instances, 3 of the 9 DT members oppose what is described as the “consensus” view (GNSO Council speaks for GNSO in all cases).   In the other (support required to approve GNSO representative on EC), I believe IPC was the only constituency to oppose the view that a majority of each House is sufficient.  In the third instance (section 16.1), I believe the support for the supermajority requirement on amending PTI articles of incorporation was unanimous.  It is confusing to use the word “consensus” to describe three different levels of support, especially when none of the other recommendations use the word.  So I suggest that “consensus” be dropped from the recommendations column.

Steve Metalitz

[image001]
Steven J. Metalitz | Partner, through his professional corporation
T: 202.355.7902 | met at msk.com<mailto:met at msk.com>
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP | www.msk.com<http://www.msk.com/>
1818 N Street NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20036

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL USE OF THE DESIGNATED RECIPIENTS. THIS MESSAGE MAY BE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT COMMUNICATION, AND AS SUCH IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL. IF THE READER OF THIS MESSAGE IS NOT AN INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION, FORWARDING OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY REPLY E-MAIL OR TELEPHONE, AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE AND ALL ATTACHMENTS FROM YOUR SYSTEM. THANK YOU.