[Gnso-bylaws-dt] Proposed Agenda: Drafting Team Meeting 02 October at 21:00 UTC

McAuley, David dmcauley at Verisign.com
Thu Oct 3 11:33:13 UTC 2019

Thank you, Ariel and Heather – and yes, I support this.

My concern is to give the Council leadership and GNSO support staff (a small group) some wiggle room if they face an excessively complex task in a very small window of time on such an important matter.

Removing a director here or there, while unusual, seems to fall more in the normal course. Spilling an entire board would be near cataclysmic and could bring forth very detailed comments – possibly infused with legal arguments – and having to summarize might be a bit much, especially where the community can go read the source material/comments themselves.

So, the approach Ariel suggests gets thumb up from me.

Best wishes,

David

David McAuley

Sr International Policy & Business Development Manager

Verisign Inc.

703-948-4154