[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] First Meeting on 19 December 2013 14.00 UTC

Lars Hoffmann lars.hoffmann at icann.org
Fri Dec 13 09:38:24 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Following the closure of the Doodle poll, I am excited to let you all know that we have an unprecedented unanimous vote for our weekly meeting time: Thursdays at 14.00 UTC. The first meeting will therefore be held on Thursday 19 December 2013 at 14.00 UTC – for local times, please http://tinyurl.com/jwmu4avsee.

The call details for out first meeting will follow shortly.

Below I pasted again the welcome message that had gone out to you already, in addition, please let me draw your attention to the WG wiki page (https://community.icann.org/x/FTR-Ag) where all relevant information will be posted – and please feel free to use this space not just as users but also as contributors; you should all have editing rights once you have signed up to the ICANN community wiki and have received a password.

Best wishes,
Julie and Lars

Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Working Group, Thursday 19 December 2013, 14.00 UTC (http://tinyurl.com/jwmu4avsee)

Draft Agenda

 1.  Welcome
 2.  Introductory Presentation by Staff

a) The GNSO Policy Development Process
b) Background on the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information
c) Working Group Charter
d) Feasibility Study

3. Administrative matters, incl. proposals for Co-/Chairs.
4. AOB
5. Confirmation of next meeting

---

This PDP has been tasked by the GNSO Council to Group to address issues related to the potential need to translate and/or transliterate contact information data. As part of its deliberations on this issue, Charter stipulates several questions for the PDP WG to consider, including (but not limited to):

 *   Whether it is desirable to translate contact information to a single common language or transliterate contact information to a single common script.
 *   Who should decide who should bear the burden translating contact information to a single common language or transliterating contact information to a single common script.

For more detailed, consult the WG's Charter<http://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/transliteration-contact-charter-06nov13-en.pdf>.

In preparation for the first meeting, please take a moment to review the relevant background documents, including the Charter<http://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/transliteration-contact-charter-06nov13-en.pdf>, which have been posted on the WG workspace https://community.icann.org/x/FTR-Ag.

Staff will start this first session with an introductory presentation on the issue of Translation and Transliteration and also provide some other useful background on the GNSO Policy Development Process. In addition, a nomination of a Working Group Chair or co-Chairs is expected to take place during the first meeting, volunteers are encouraged to express interest ahead or even during the meeting.

We'll be using Adobe Connect to facilitate the meeting. For those of you using Adobe Connect for the first time, please find a short introduction video here: https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a227210/participatemeeting/.