[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Attendance and Recording Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Working Group meeting - 9 January 2014

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Thu Jan 9 16:38:59 UTC 2014

Dear All,

The next meeting of this group is scheduled for Thursday, 16 January 2014 at 14:00 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Charter Drafting Team  call held on Thursday 9 January 2014 at 14:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20140109-en.mp3

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Chris Dillon - NCSG - co-chair
Rudi Vansnick - NPOC -co-chair
Amr Elsadr - NCUC
Yoav Keren - RrSG
Petter Rindforth - IPC
Jim Galvin - SSAC
Peter Dernbach - IPC
Pitinan Koarmornpatna - GAC
Sarmad Hussain - SSAC
Jennifer Chung  - RySG
Peter Green - NCSG
Ahkuputra Wanawit - GAC
Vinay Kumar Singh - Individual
Anthony Oni  - NCUC

Apologies: none

ICANN staff:
Julie Hedlund
Lars Hoffman
Mary Wong
Glen de Saint Gery

 Wiki page: http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Glen

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 9 January  2014:
  Glen de Saint Gery:Welcome to the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Working Group call

  Julie Hedlund:Hello everyone and welcome!

  Peter Dernbach:Hello everyone. Happy New Year!

  Rudi Vansnick:hello everone, also a happy new year

  Amr Elsadr:Hi all. Dialling in now.

  Julie Hedlund:Yes, Happy New Year everyone!

  Chris Dillon:Happy New Year!

  Amr Elsadr:On the call. Hello again.

  Lars Hoffmann:See gaps for missing SOIs: https://community.icann.org/x/WDd-Ag

  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana:I support

  Sarmad Hussain:yes

  Rudi Vansnick:78 on 13 agreed

  Sarmad Hussain:I support

  Rudi Vansnick:sorry 7 on 13

  Wanawit Ahkuputra:I support

  Rudi Vansnick:makes it 8

  Rudi Vansnick:makes it 9 on 13

  Jim Galvin:Thanks Lars for the pointer to the SOIs.  I'll submit one today.

  Jim Galvin:For the record, I am representing RySG, not the SSAC.  This is incorrectly stated on thecommunity members page.

  Rudi Vansnick:OK Jim we take note and will ask for the modification

  Peter Dernbach:Lars: I just resent my SOI that I had sent on 23 December.

  Sarmad Hussain:what is the conference ID for calling in?

  Chris Dillon:Contact

  Glen de Saint Gery:Sarmad if you send me your number we can call you otherwise pass word is CONTACT

  Sarmad Hussain:thx

  Rudi Vansnick:do we need to indicate who's the liaison to the GNSO within this WG ?

  Amr Elsadr:Also important to note that the WG should request input from the different SOs/SGs/Constituencies/ACs as well.

  Peter Dernbach:I thought Ching Chiao was the GNSO liaison for this WG.

  Amr Elsadr:If I'm not mistaken, Ching has volunteered to be the Council liaison to this WG.

  Amr Elsadr:Peter types faster than I do. :)

  Peter Dernbach:;-)

  Rudi Vansnick:thanks Peter, just ot be sure we did not forgot to officialize this

  Rudi Vansnick:for the first question we point to the SSAC 054 document where the contact info is well described

  Julie Hedlund:@Amr -- You are correct that Ching is the liaison.  Glen has kindly reviewed the minutes from the 12 December meeting and found the following:  From the Council  minutes 12 December which are still being reviewed by the chairs please see: ·        Petter Rindforth mentioned that he volunteered as Council liaison for the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information Policy Development Process working group, but it was noted that Ching Chiao was the Council liaison.

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Julie and Glen.

  Julie Hedlund:On Contact Information the Final Issue Report states: ""In the context of these issues, "contact information" is a subset of Domain Name Registration Data.  It is the information that enables someone using a Domain Name Registration Data Directory Service (such as WHOIS) to contact the domain name registration holder.  It includes the name, organization, and postal address of the registered name holder, technical contact, as well as administrative contact.  Domain Name Registration Data is accessible to the public via a Directory Service (also known as the WHOIS service). The Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA 3.3.1) specifies the data elements that must be provided by registrars (via Port 43 and via web-based services) in response to a query, but it does not require that data elements, such as contact information, must be translated or transliterated."

  Amr Elsadr:I don't know if Jim mentioned it, but the RAA also specifies what data elements are included in "contact information".

  Julie Hedlund:@Amr:  That is the information above that also was included in the Final Issue Report.

  Rudi Vansnick:@Jim : also EPP ?

  Amr Elsadr:@Julie: That's right. Thanks. As Julie mentioned, these elements are also listed in the charter.

  Jim Galvin:yes Rudi.

  Sarmad Hussain:Perhaps we should look at the users of WHOIS

  Amr Elsadr:Answering this question will be one of the main tasks of this WG along with associated costs.

  Rudi Vansnick:@Yoav : for customer trust purposes maybe

  Sarmad Hussain:consumer trust is one of the points in AOC

  Petter Rindforth:clear information is important from both legal and marketing point of view

  Yoav Keren:@Petter - do you mean that from a legal point of view whois in local script will be clearer?

  Petter Rindforth:yes, if both versions are available - how to do it in a clear way is another question...

  Julie Hedlund:All: Just a reminder that this call is scheduled for 1 hour.

  Petter Rindforth:I'll spare our time and take down my hand ;-)

  Julie Hedlund:@Petter: This was not directed at you ;-)

  Amr Elsadr:That's ok.

  Petter Rindforth:Yoav in fact said more or less what I planned!

  Rudi Vansnick:thanks Petter ad Amr

  VINAY KUMAR SINGH:Rudi & Chris, I would like to work on the legal aspect

  Rudi Vansnick:@Vinay : that's noted, thanks a lot

  Petter Rindforth:add me to that!

  Rudi Vansnick:@Petter : noted

  VINAY KUMAR SINGH:@Petter, welcome to the team :-)

  Peter Dernbach:Thanks Rudi & Chris for agreeing to Co-Chair this WG.

  Amr Elsadr:This day and time are good for me.

  Sarmad Hussain:good for me

  Peter Dernbach:This day and time are good for me.

  Jennifer Chung:This timeslot works for me as well.

  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana:good for me

  Anthony:time ok

  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana:Thanks everyone

  Julie Hedlund:Thank you everyone!  I will need to drop off now to join another call.

  Jim Galvin:bye for now

  Peter Dernbach:bye all.

  Amr Elsadr:Thnx. Bye.

  VINAY KUMAR SINGH:bye bye

  Chris Dillon:Goodbye

  Wanawit Ahkuputra:Thank you everyone, Bye

  Anthony:bye all

  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana:bye

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat