[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting - 05 June

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Jun 5 20:52:57 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Charter Drafting Team call held on Thursday 05 June at 1300 UTC at:
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20140605-en.mp3> http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20140605-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#june> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#june

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO

Master Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Petter Rindforth – IPC
Jennifer Chung - RySG

Chris Dillon – NCSG

Zhang Zuan (Peter Green) – NCUC

Justine Chew – Individual

Rudi Vansnick – NPOC

Mae Suchayapim Siriwat – GAC

Wanawit Ahkuputra – GAC

Wolf Ulrich Knoben - ISPC

Apologies:
Jim Galvin – SSAC

ICANN staff:

Julie Hedlund

Amy Bivins

Lars Hoffmann

Terri Agnew

 Wiki page:  <http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx> http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 05 June 2014:

Terri Agnew:Dear all, welcome to the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Working Group call on Thursday 05 June 2014

  Peter Green-CONAC:Hi

  Julie Hedlund:Hello everyone!

  Mae Suchayapim Siriwat:Hello

  Chris Dillon:Hello everyone

  Jennifer Chung:Hi everyone

  Lars Hoffmann:Welcome to the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG on Thursday 5 June 2014

  Julie Hedlund:Here is the report: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/41891674/transform-dnrd-02jun14-en.pdf?version=1 <https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/41891674/transform-dnrd-02jun14-en.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1401880342000&api=v2> &modificationDate=1401880342000&api=v2.

  Julie Hedlund:It is posted to our wiki

  Julie Hedlund:@Chris: A moment while I bring it up.

  Chris Dillon:https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/47265584/EWG%20IRD.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1398953132000&api=v2

  Petter Rindforth:Sorry, can’t see anything on the screen

  Julie Hedlund:All -- I got kicked out of Adobe.  I will bring it back up.

  Rudi Vansnick:screen is scrambled .. nothing readable

  Rudi Vansnick:are we still on page 18 ?

  Chris Dillon:https://community.icann.org/www.icann.org/en/groups/other/gtld-directory-services/status-update-11nov13-en.pdf

  Chris Dillon:www.icann.org/en/groups/other/gtld-directory-services/status-update-11nov13-en.pdf

  Julie Hedlund:@Chris -- Does it show on the screen?

  Rudi Vansnick:no Julie

  Julie Hedlund:I tried again -- can you see it now?

  Julie Hedlund:Then  I cannot share it.  It should be working, not sure why not.

  Rudi Vansnick:looks like a memory issue of the pc sharing the doc

  Julie Hedlund:@Chris - This is saved as a PDF to share, rather than sharing the screen, which evidently doesn't work.

  Julie Hedlund:I have unsynced the document.

  Rudi Vansnick:@Julie : thanks a lot, works fine now

  Lars Hoffmann:@all - the document is synched so that we can all follow along chris' presentation more easily.

  Peter Green-CONAC:okay, thanks Lars

  Rudi Vansnick:i need to read both reports again ... some cross references to identical information

  Rudi Vansnick:with different interpretation

 Chris Dillon:www.icann.org/en/resources/registrars/raa/approved-with-specs-27jun13-en.htm#whois-accuracy

  Rudi Vansnick:it jumps automatically to the right place

  Rudi Vansnick:Validate the presence of data => does not mean the value of th data itself ?!

  Lars Hoffmann:well done chris!

  Rudi Vansnick:the email address of the Registered Name Holder : looks to me also rather strange : quid if emailaddress is based on the new registered domain name ?

  Rudi Vansnick:verification !

  Rudi Vansnick:good idea Lars

  Petter Rindforth:I suggest we skip and meet in London

  Julie Hedlund:@Lars -- That covers everything.  Thanks!

  Rudi Vansnick:thanks a lot Chris

  Julie Hedlund:Thank you everyone!

  Julie Hedlund:Bye