[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] WHOIS accuracy

Dillon, Chris c.dillon at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 11:04:15 UTC 2014

Dear Rudi,

It's good to see this issue highlighted. I have added it to https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44960108 in the wiki.

With organizational names, there may even be a case for three fields: form in original script, translation and transliteration (the last being for organizations with no English translated form). Instinctively, I don't like the idea of having some records with translations and others with transliterations in the same field of a database.

Regards,

Chris.
--
Research Associate in Linguistic Computing, Centre for Digital Humanities, UCL, Gower St, London WC1E 6BT Tel +44 20 7679 1599 (int 31599) ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/chrisdillon