[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting - 13 November 2014

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Nov 13 17:33:07 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Working Group call held on Thursday 13 November at 14:00 UTC at:
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20141113-en.mp3> http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20141113-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO

Master Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Jennifer Chung – RySG

Chris Dillon – NCSG

Mae Suchayapim Siriwat – GAC

Pitinan Kooarmornpatana – GAC

Petter Rindforth – IPC

Amr Elsadr – NCUC

Rudi Vansnick – NPOC

Emily Taylor – RrSG

Ubolthip Sethakaset – Individual

Wanawit Ahkuputra – GAC

Peter Green (Zhang Zuan)-NCUC

Wolf-Ulrich Knoben – ISPCP

Apologies:

Jim Galvin - RySG

ICANN staff:

Amy Bivins

Lars Hoffmann

Terri Agnew

 Wiki page:  <http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx> http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 13 November 2014:

    Lars Hoffmann: Dear all, Welcome to the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG call on 13 November 2014

  pitinan kooarmornpatana:hello all

  Chris Dillon:Hello Pitinan

  Amr Elsadr:Hi all. Hope you're all well.

  Chris Dillon:Hello Amr

  Amr Elsadr:Apologies for not being able to provide input to the draft report via email. Been a full week.

  Chris Dillon:There has been a lot of input recently and t think there will be much more today.

  Terri Agnew:Mae Suchayapim Siriwat has joined

  Amr Elsadr:That's very clever. :)

  Lars Hoffmann:the document is synched so that we are all on the same page. let me know if youhave trouble reading.

  Lars Hoffmann:*pun intended

  Amr Elsadr:BTW..., not that it's really that important, but I'm not listed as a WG member in the report.

  Terri Agnew:Wanawit Ahkuputra has joined

  Petter Rindforth:It will be necessary to split the costs

  Rudi Vansnick:@amr +1

  Amr Elsadr:@Emily: Thanks for making my point more eloquently than I did.

  Amr Elsadr::)

  Emily Taylor:Thanks Chris

  Amr Elsadr:I'm not sure I understand the question.

  Amr Elsadr:Emily's point should be added to the first bullet on page 12.

  Terri Agnew:Peter Green has joined

  Peter Green (CONAC):Hi, sorry I am late

  Terri Agnew:Wolf Ulrich Knoben has joined

  Amr Elsadr:My name is transliterated from Arabic to Latin script in different ways. Just saying. :)

  Amr Elsadr:In my case after the r.

  Amr Elsadr:Amr and Amro.

  Emily Taylor:I was thinking similar - like the name Sayeed, Said, Sayid, Zayid etc

  Amr Elsadr:Yes Emily. Also Sayed. :)

  Emily Taylor::)

  Amr Elsadr:That could also create confusion. Said and Saeed are different names that may not be distinguishable by non-Arabic speakers.

  Petter Rindforth:That's correct

  Rudi Vansnick:this was a very fruitful meeting

  Emily Taylor:I support Amr's suggestion of some further research into the extent of the issue - I believe this addresses the points I was trying to make at the beginning of my  personal comments on the  draft

  Amr Elsadr:Aaaah!! Petter just shot me down!! :D

  Petter Rindforth:;-)

  Emily Taylor:Really appreciate you going through the RrSG's comments in such detail.  I hope that they have been helpful in unpacking some of the issues.

  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana 2:Thanks chris :)

  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana 2:Thanks Emily

  Emily Taylor:thanks chris

  Rudi Vansnick:bye

  Jennifer Chung:Thanks Chris, thanks all.

  Chris Dillon:Goodbye everyone

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.