[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Query about the closing date for comments on our Initial Report?

Emily Taylor emily.taylor at netistrar.com
Wed Jan 7 18:12:06 UTC 2015

Hi there

One of the RrSG has pointed out a discrepancy in the closing dates for
comments to our Initial Report for the Translation and Transliteration PDP
(see below).  Please can you help us understand the correct deadline?

Thanks

Emily
-----

There is a discrepancy in the posted timeframes for the comment period
deadline:

The original announcement states 11 January 2015 for comments and 1
February 2015 for the reply period:

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-12-16-en

The public comment page states 1 February 2015 for comments with no reply
period.

https://www.icann.org/public-comments/transliteration-contact-initial-2014-12-16-en

This may be related to ICANN adopting a new process for public comments
which removes the ‘reply period’ in favour of a longer comment period and
things got mixed up with the posting.

It would be useful to understand which is the correct deadline. Is this
something you could ask of staff on behalf of the WG.

--

Emily Taylor

*MA(Cantab), MBA*
Director

*Netistrar Ltd *- Domain Names at Trade Prices
W: http://www.netistrar.com | M: 07540 049322 | T: 01283 617808

Repton House, Bretby Business Park, Bretby, Derbyshire, DE15 0YZ
Registered in England and Wales No. 08735583. VAT No. 190062332