[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Translation / Transliteration Comment from Blacknight

Dillon, Chris c.dillon at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 21 11:55:42 UTC 2015

Dear Michele,

On behalf of the WG, I would like to thank you for your public comment*, which we will discuss at our next meeting.
* http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-transliteration-contact-initial-16dec14/

I would like to ask you for further information on some aspects:

*         Do you support the preliminary recommendations?

*         Do you regard the preliminary recommendation that registrants should be able to submit their data in the language the registrar operates in as feasible?

*         How do you currently handle registrants wanting to submit registration data in Irish?

Incidentally, at an earlier stage, the WG discussed how transformation could be implemented, if the recommendation were to change to mandatory transformation, and ASCII personal names would almost certainly be left as they are.

Regards,

Chris.
--
Research Associate in Linguistic Computing, Centre for Digital Humanities, UCL, Gower St, London WC1E 6BT Tel +44 20 7679 1599 (int 31599) www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/chrisdillon<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/chrisdillon>