[Gnso-epdp-team] RrSG Comment on Recommendation 10

Alex Deacon alex at colevalleyconsulting.com
Fri Feb 1 20:58:40 UTC 2019

Hi,

I must have read a different email from Greg because I didn't see any
language describing registrar obligations for when a registrant does not
respond to an inbound inquiry.   IMO the crux of the issue is described at
the end of Greg's proposed text for 2).   i.e. " If Registrar receives a
bounced email notification or non-delivery notification message, the
Registrar must initiate re-verification of the registrant's contact data
per the RAA's WHOIS Accuracy Program Specification, paragraph 4."     As
Greg states this ensures measurement and compliance activity around this
contractual requirement is possible - something I very much support.

I'll note we had this same discussion during the PPSAI PDP, where it was
made clear that "failure of “delivery” of a communication is not to be
equated with the failure of a customer to “respond” to a request,
notification or other type of communication.".    In fact I suggest we can
reference/leverage/repurpose the language in Recommendation 17 (Regarding
Further Provider Actions When There Is A Persistent Delivery Failure of
Electronic Communications)  of the PPSAI final report starting on page 14
of
https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/filefield_48305/ppsai-final-07dec15-en.pdf
accordingly.

Thanks.