[Gnso-epdp-team] For your review - latest version of EPDP Team Final Report

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 08:58:01 UTC 2019

Thank you very much for this work. I guess you mean to mark the concerns by
4th Feb and not March.

Here are some of my comments:

*Line 1542, Rec 12: Reasonable access should be called "parameters for ".
Why does line 1542 recommends a modified version?*
Comment from KA
We better use the formulation agreed in Toronto in saying " as for the term
"*Reasonable access"pending to further actions on the matter the Team
proposed to use the term " parameter **responding to lawful disclosure
requests" on an interim basis *
*Line 1558, Rec 12: It is worrisome that so much leeway and emphasis has
been given for the implementation phase to clarify the criteria further.*
Comment from KA
*On the contrary we need to clearly describe the sequence of action as
specified in Recommendation *
*Line 1580, Rec 12: When did we agree that a separate guideline/timeline
might be considered for disclosure of personal data in urgent
circumstances? I did record my objection to that.*
Comment from KA
We need to verfy what was agreed from Transcrip and record.
*Line 1589: EPDP recommends that working on these (disclosure) criteria
start as soon as possible. What does that mean? Are we recommending that
implementation of disclosure criteria start sooner than anything else? *
Comment from KA
No. There is not such understanding of the term " as soon as possible "
meaning to establish order of priority in dealing several items or taking
actions on several items
*Rec 12 in general: all the "access" language has to be replaced with
disclosure requests. *
*Comment from Kavouss *
See my comments above in stating for the time being on  an interin basis
such replacement  is being proposed.*NO PERMANENT REPLACE IS ACCEPTABLE *

*Line 1936, Rec 13: Joint Controller Agreement language is removed,
providing no rationale.  Other than Chris Disspain's point of view and the
US government reasoning, as I say I don't see objections to JCA. If you
have considered the public comments to make this change, please let us
know. If you have considered other factors I would like to know what they
are. *
Comment from Kavouss
This requires further debate to remove or retain to JCA

*Line 2066, Rec 18:  If we are getting rid of data processing agreement
replacing with data protection arrangements (which I don't personally agree
with) then please be consistent throughout the document. Or are we only
getting rid of DPA and JCA only regarding registries and registrars?*
Comment from KA
I agree with the question raised ?
*Line 2129, Rec21: Data processing agreement/ JCA mentioned for Escrows
etc. Are we keeping this language?*
Comment from KA
I also agree with the question raised
Kavouss