[Gnso-epdp-team] Resignation Redux

Mark Svancarek (CELA) marksv at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 22 22:07:48 UTC 2019

Kurt,
The Business Constituency would like to express our deepest appreciation for your support of the EPDP.  As others have already noted, this was mostly uncharted territory for the ICANN community. You and Staff were inventing solutions and putting them into place in rapid succession, with the result that each month’s effort was more effective than what we had tried only weeks before. The lessons we learned here will benefit ICANN policy development for years to come.

In spite of these challenges, you never ceased finding ways to bring us together, to bridge our differences, to help us find ways to move forward even when tempers were frayed and patience was stretched thin. That would be a great accomplishment under any circumstances; in the EPDP, it was absolutely essential.  We will certainly miss you during Phase Two.

Best wishes and we’re looking forward to seeing soon you in Kobe.

Thanks,
Mark, Margie and the Business Constituency