[Gnso-epdp-team] Purpose 2

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Thu Mar 5 08:46:39 UTC 2020

Hi Brian,

thank you for kicking this off.

When I requested more specificity, I was thinking more along the lines
of decriobing precisely how the ICANN mission requires the collection
and processing of the data.

So for an example:

"Contributing to the maintenance of the security, stability, and
resiliency of the Domain Name System in accordance with ICANN’s mission, by:

  a) ensuring ICANN can enforce its contracts

b) operate a centralized portal for requesting access to this data by
parties with legitimate interests

c)...

etc.

This obviously requires desribing every circumstance and scenario where
(and how) ICANN may need to mandate the collection and processing of
this data, which is why I felt this should be discussed on the list and
was not a simple wordsmithing exercise.

Best,

Volker

Am 04.03.2020 um 19:12 schrieb King, Brian via Gnso-epdp-team:

> Hi all,
>
> Following last week’s conversation about some EPDP members’ desire to
> have a bit more specificity in Purpose 2 (the irony of which is not
> lost on the IPC 😊), I propose the below:
>
> Contributing to the maintenance of the security, stability, and
> resiliency of the Domain Name System in accordance with ICANN’s
> mission, specifically “maintenance of and access to accurate and
> up-to-date information concerning registered names and name servers.”
> (ICANN Bylaws, Annex G-1; ICANN Bylaws, Annex G-2)
>
> *Brian J. King *
> Director of Internet Policy and Industry Affairs
>
> T +1 443 761 3726_
> markmonitor.com <http://www.markmonitor.com>_
>
> *MarkMonitor
> *Protecting companies and consumers in a digital world

Volker A. Greimann
General Counsel and Policy Manager
*KEY-SYSTEMS GMBH*

T: +49 6894 9396901
M: +49 6894 9396851
F: +49 6894 9396851
W: www.key-systems.net

Key-Systems GmbH is a company registered at the local court of
Saarbruecken, Germany with the registration no. HR B 18835
CEO: Alexander Siffrin

Part of the CentralNic Group PLC (LON: CNIC) a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 8576358.