

Adobe Connect: 25 Members

Alan Greenberg (ALAC)

Alan Woods (RYSG)

Alex Deacon (IPC)

Amr Elsadr (NCSG)

Ashley Heineman (GAC)

Ayden Férdeline - (NCSG)

Ben Butler (SSAC)

Benedict Addis (SSAC)

Chris Disspain (ICANN Board Liaison)

Diane Plaut (IPC)

Esteban Lescano (ISPCP)

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG)

Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC)

James Bladel (RrSG)

Julf Helsingius (NCSG)

Kavouss Arasteh (GAC)

Kristina Rosette (RySG - Amazon Registry)

Kurt Pritz (EPDP Team Chair)

Leon Sanchez (ICANN Board Liaison)

Marc Anderson (RySG)

Margie Milam (BC)

Mark Svancarek (BC)

Milton Mueller (NCSG)

Rafik Dammak (GNSO Council Liaison)

Stephanie Perrin (NCSG)

Alternates

Theo Guerts (RrSG)

Jeff Yeh (RrSG)

Chris Lewis-Evans (GAC)

On Audio only:

none

Apologies:

Matt Serlin

Emily Taylor

Georgios Tselentis

Thomas Rickert

Staff:

Marika Konings

Berry Cobb

Caitlin Tubergen

Trang Nguyen

Nathalie Peregrine

Mike Brennan

Terri Agnew

Nathalie Peregrine:Welcome to EPDP Team Meeting #1 on 1 August 2018

Nathalie Peregrine:Agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A_community.icann.org_x_ugBpBQ&d=DwlFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJP6wrcrwl3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpClgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0Aign-H4xR2EBk&m=IL9L-5A1oRfZH-VARF_sk4dbjlZtc7EZFMViigprWvY&s=sA--Q2hJKadgdPe9ZKCo0-CKQF-9I6-kXoSNqq6UULk&e=

Kavouss Arasteh:Dear Kurt,

Nathalie Peregrine:1-517-345-9004

866-692-5726

Nathalie Peregrine:Passcode EPDP

Nathalie Peregrine:@Kavouss, the meeting is starting in 26 mins

Kavouss Arasteh:Dear Secretariat, Tks I am connected.

Nathalie Peregrine:Please kindly, join again at that time, but we are delighted your connection works!

Nathalie Peregrine:Thank you so much for testing ahead of time!

Kavouss Arasteh:Dear Kurt, have you considered my suggestions I. WAIT FOR REPLY

Nathalie Peregrine:@Kavouss, please see my emssage above

Nathalie Peregrine:Please re-join in 25 min

Nathalie Peregrine:This is a closed prep call.

Nathalie Peregrine>Hello Milton! This is a closed prep call, please re-join in 20 mins

Nathalie Peregrine:thank you

Kavouss Arasteh:Dear Rafik, I sent some suggestions to Kurt but he seems to be very busy to coordinate the meeting. I expect an answer

Milton Mueller:I am in a foreign environment and need to see how things work

Milton Mueller:Can you hear me speaking?

Nathalie Peregrine:no Milton, we cannot

Milton Mueller:That's what I was afraid of.

Terri Agnew:@Milton, please let us know if a dial out on the telephone is needed.

Milton Mueller:I am afraid it is

Terri Agnew:I will send you a private Adobe Connect chat to collect your telephonenumber

Milton Mueller:ok

Milton Mueller:Terri, no call out is needed

Kurt Pritz:Hi Kavouss - I read your suggestions. Thank you. We will give the group the choice of passing on the intro and discuss meeting length. Your other suggestions are well received.

Nathalie Peregrine>Welcome all! This is a pre-meeting discussion, but you are very welcome to stay on. The meeting will start at 14:00 UTC, so in 13 mins time. Thank you for joining early!

Ayden Férdeline:Hi all

Nathalie Peregrine>Welcome!

Theo Geurts>Hello all, I will be "alternating" (if that is a word) for Emily Taylor.

Nathalie Peregrine>Welcome Theo!

Amr Elsadr - NCSG:Hi all.

Nathalie Peregrine>Welcome all, please remember to mute your phones and microphones when not speaking to avoid any background noise.

Rahul Gosain:Audiocast link doesn't seem to work foo rme

Rahul Gosain:Hi All

Rahul Gosain:Sorry for joining into the room

Nathalie Peregrine:@Rahul, thanks for the heads up, I have responded via email to you. Please disconnect from the AC room, and I will help you out via email.

Rahul Gosain:Ok Cool!

Kavouss Arasteh 2:Dear All, My mother tongue is not English, pls kindly speak slowly clearly and separate syllabus one from another in order that everybody benefir from presentation.

Leon Sanchez>Hello everyoneç!

Rahul Gosain:OR alternativey If I may suggest can I stay on till you help me on the meil and I can successfully connect on the audiostream?

Rahul Gosain:That way I can continue to listen

Rahul Gosain:I am open either way

Nathalie Peregrine:@Rahul, I am very sorry, you do need to leave the AC room.

Rahul Gosain:Ok

Nathalie Peregrine>Please respond to my email, and we will work in this way to get you sorted rapidly

Kavouss Arasteh 2:Secretariat, pls indicate my affiliation as GAC

Farzaneh Badii:I can hear familiar typing noise ...

Alex Deacon:Good morning....

Theo Geurts:Afternoon
marksv:i hear you
Kavouss Arasteh 2:i respectfully request all colleagues to kindly speak slowly and clearly ,in particular, our dear US colleagues
Stephanie Perrin:Would you like us all to ssay hello or is typing it in sufficient?
Diane Plaut:Diane Plaut -
Chris Disspain:are folks talking...I cannot hear anyhting
Stephanie Perrin:Nathalie just spoke
Nathalie Peregrine:@Chris, did you hear me just then?
Chris Disspain:nope
Alan Woods (RYSG):also having issues with hearing. Trying to dial.
Nathalie Peregrine>Please join the telephone bridge in this case, the bridge information is in the calendar and email invitation
Nathalie Peregrine:Also connecting via Chrome, after having logged out can help with the AC audio.
Kavouss Arasteh 2:Chris, I am not familiar with nope and houpe and loupe
Kavouss Arasteh 2:pls what do you mean by nope?
Chris Disspain:No
Alan Greenberg:Nope = No.
Terri Agnew:@Chris, please let me know if a dial out on the telephone is needed.
Kavouss Arasteh 2:NO IS NO AND NOT NOPE
Kavouss Arasteh 2:PLS KINDLY SPEAK IN A MANNER THAT EVERYBODY UNDERSTANDS
Milton Mueller:nope
Terri Agnew:@Justine, only members can join. Please disconnect and join the audio cast as an observer.
Hadia Elminiawi:hello all
Kavouss Arasteh 2:KURT, pls KINDLY CONSIDER MY SUGGESTION
Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:Brief team introductions on this call make sense to me
Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):we want to hear from the teams
Theo Geurts:yeah we can do short team introductions
Amr Elsadr - NCSG:Or perhaps provide the intro both now, and over email later?
Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):it's just 2 mins ...
Milton Mueller (NCSG):nice and concise, Mark!
Milton Mueller (NCSG):who's next?
Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):I think Mark is done
Mark Svancarek (BC):Yes, I am :)
Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):)
Kavouss Arasteh 2:Kurt, I It seems that everyobdy wants to read the statemen then Ashley will read statment from GAC
Mark Svancarek (BC):Well put, James
Marc Anderson (RySG):@ Kurt I can provide the introduction for the RySG.
Alan Greenberg - ALAC:I'll speak for ALAC.
Nathalie Peregrine:Esteban, you are a little faint, could you please speaker closer to the mic?
Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):We are noncommercial stakeholders by the way- says noncommercial users on team intro slide
Julf Helsingius - NCSG:Clearly many of us could get mic advice from James Bladel
Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:@Kurt - I will introduce the NCSG here
Kavouss Arasteh 2:Ashley, pls be ready to read the statement from GAC
Diane Plaut - IPC:Thank you, Alex for speaking on our behalf.

Kristina Rosette (RySG - Amazon Registry): Given that I can't type as fast as everyone can speak, would it be possible for each group to post their goal statement to the list? That will allow for easier access to the statements. Thank you!

Kavouss Arasteh 2: ICANN sTAFf, MAY WE HAVE ALL STATEMENTS BE POSTED ON THE WIKIE

James Bladel - RrSG: +1 Kristina & Kavouss.

Kavouss Arasteh 2: I am sorry for CAP, my appology

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG: old hand, sorry - trying to get that down

Kavouss Arasteh 2: Thank you Ashley

Marika Konings: Staff is capturing the statements at a high level in the notes, but if any groups also want to submit their statements in full, please send these to staff and we will get these posted on the wiki.

Kavouss Arasteh 2: Kurt, when come on the Vice Chair selection, I wish to speak

Marika Konings: gns0-secs@icann.org

James Bladel - RrSG: so far, so good Kurt!

Mark Svancarek (BC): lost audio?

Nathalie Peregrine: @Mark, I hear well on the bridge and the AC audio

Stephanie Perrin (NCSG): I can still hear

Nathalie Peregrine: would like to try logging out and back in?

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG: the Council liaison is also expected to be independent and neutral

Kavouss Arasteh 2: I think we should leave the answer of these question to Rafik. IF he agreed to do so then we leave it as it is and do not discuss it further

Amr Elsadr - NCSG: In case it isn't clear, Rafik is not one of the NCSG appointees to this team.

Kavouss Arasteh 2: Kurt, you may ask Rafik to state that he is eady to do this task noting that he is also Liaison from GNSO

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG): my impression was that we were just looking for objections, there was non so he got approved?

Milton Mueller (NCSG): There is nothing typical about this

James Bladel - RrSG: Normally GNSO, we see if we can reach consensus decisions first without objection. But if there are strong objections, we would move to a more formal (voting) process.

Amr Elsadr - NCSG: If a formal appointment of a VC is required, I suppose the GNSO Council can be asked to do this.

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG): I agree with Kavouss.

Alex Deacon- IPC: Hames - your mic is hot.

Amr Elsadr - NCSG: Alan's second point is why we may wish to consult with the GNSO Council on Rafik's appointment.

Alex Deacon- IPC: james

Ashley Heineman (GAC): Alan raises a good point. Perhaps there is a way to address that? IE: not having the VC also be the person to convey any possible concerns with the EPDP.

Alan Greenberg - ALAC: To be clear, if he is VC, he cannot be the appeal mechanism. So the Council would have to take action to fix that.

Margie Milam (BC): Perhaps we should give time on the list to see if anyone else might be interested?

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG: +1 James Bladel - keep processes lightweight

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG): agreed with James

Amr Elsadr - NCSG: @Alan: He could be the appeal mechanism in the event that a dispute occurs with the Chair.

Amr Elsadr - NCSG: @James: +1

Kavouss Arasteh 2: James, I am not objecting that GNSO ratify the choice but not to select the Vice Chair

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC:Alan raises a good point – a replacement to the liaison could be necessary
Alan Greenberg - ALAC:@Amr, if he is VC, he *IS* part of the leadership team.
Alan Greenberg - ALAC:That's why there is a VC.
Kavouss Arasteh 2:Yes, does it cause any problem pls ?
Kristina Rosette (RySG - Amazon Registry):Sorry.
Kristina Rosette (RySG - Amazon Registry):hand raised in error.
Amr Elsadr - NCSG:True Alan, but my understanding from Kurt's intro document is that Rafik's role as VC will only kick in if Kurt can't make a call. The assumption is that Rafik will be following up with the leadership as part of his liaison role anyway.
Theo Geurts - RrSG Alternate:That is my read also Amr.
Chris Disspain - Board Liaison:Can't hear Milton
Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):Milton is in Meissen. with unstable connection
Nathalie Peregrine:@Milton, I see your mic connected, but if you need a dial out, please provide your number via private chat
Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):his connection is lost
Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):he needs a dial out! sorry I am reporting here. I will send the number to Nathalie
Nathalie Peregrine:Thank you Farzaneh!
Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):is he?
Milton Mueller (NCSG):Still no sound
Mark Svancarek (BC)::)
Nathalie Peregrine:Milton' we're dialing out to you
Nathalie Peregrine:Milton is on the audio bridge.
Milton Mueller (NCSG):OK they've established a dial out
Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):thank you Nathalie
Nathalie Peregrine:Thank YOU!
Kavouss Arasteh 2:Kurt, pls briefly mention the three deliverable in the Notes of the meeting
Milton Mueller (NCSG):i do have my hand up, when you're finished Kurt
Marika Konings:@Kavouss - the three deliverables are already noted in the notes on the right hand side.
Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):Milton in queue
Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):aa lot of excitement there ...
Kavouss Arasteh 2:Kurt, is charter deliverable is the first deliverable?
Milton Mueller (NCSG):Three weeks for early input?? NCSG is ready now
Milton Mueller (NCSG):Why can't the early input be....early?
Stephanie Perrin (NCSG):Unsurprisingly, I agree with Milton. We can provide input....early.
Kavouss Arasteh 2:Thanks Marika, I hope those dslides are available on the wiki
Marika Konings:@Milton - the understanding is that those groups that have representation on the EPDP will provide that input earlier through the survey that Kurt has mentioned.
Marika Konings:but it leaves the door open to those not represented to provide their input separately.
Milton Mueller (NCSG):So Marika what is the deadline for early input?
Marika Konings:for the letter that will go out to SG/C/SO/ACs it will be 22 August. For the survey, Kurt will speak about that next (deadline for part 1 coming up for next week).
Kavouss Arasteh 2:Marika, may you kindly indicate the first deliverable
Amr Elsadr - NCSG:Thanks Kurt.
Marika Konings:@Kavouss - per the slide: "a triage document of the Temporary Specification, which includes items that have the Full Consensus support of the EPDP Team that these should be adopted as is (with no further discussion or modifications needed)."

Milton Mueller (NCSG):Marika: Are we requesting early input today, and expecting to get it Aug 22 - or are you waiting til Aug 22 to ask for it??

Milton Mueller (NCSG):If you are waiting 3 weeks to ask for it, why??

Marika Konings:Deliverables are also further detailed under the heading: "Deliverables & Timeframes:" in the charter.

Chris Lewis-Evans [GAC]:deadline of 22nd i think

Marika Konings:expecting to get it by 22 August - a minimum of 21 days needs to be provided per the PDP manual

Milton Mueller (NCSG):ok, that's good to know. But again, some SG's might be ready to deliver early input well before that.

Marika Konings:@Milton - that is what is expected / needed in relation to the triage survey as we are on a short timeline here :-)

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:looks great to me, thanks @Kurt

Milton Mueller (NCSG):+1 James - if there is going to be a "consensus call" people need a lead time

Kristina Rosette (RySG - Amazon Registry):+1 James

James Bladel - RrSG:Thx.

Alan Greenberg - ALAC:Agreed. We need opportunity to consult.

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):I agree with Kavouss. two meetings per week is gonna be difficult to attend and prepare ...

Stephanie Perrin (NCSG):Since I am the one who pointed out that this will take 30 hours a week, I would like to say that we absolutely need more than one meeting a week if we are planning to finish on time. We can park issues from meeting one, to be discussed next week. But this is going to take time,

Alex Deacon- IPC:I for one am prepared to meet twice a week.

Alex Deacon- IPC:week

Amr Elsadr - NCSG:@Stephanie: +1

James Bladel - RrSG:Consensus doesn't mean absence of objection.

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:+1 Stephanie

Alan Greenberg - ALAC:Two meetings will be difficult, but we all signed up for something difficult. I would support 90 minutes instead of 120 though. If the two meetings are Tuesday/Thursday, we cannot expect a question raised on tuesday to be answered on Thursday.

Kristina Rosette (RySG - Amazon Registry):To Milton's point: one option would be to divide the decision over more than one meeting - preliminary and then final (in the event that a SG or C wishes to modify its position based on preliminary discussion)

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC:need to consult is important - however I have no objection on two meetings a week

James Bladel - RrSG:consensus thresholds could align to GNSO voting thresholds.

Amr Elsadr - NCSG:The charter requires full consensus of the EPDP team members on deliverables 1 and 2. Or are we discussing access?

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):why cant we just see how the group progress is? 30 hours a week with consultation etc. also 30 hours a week is a part time job. I have chair responsibilities as well . but seems like I sold my life to ICANN ...

Marika Konings:@James - note that the charter foresees that: "For the purpose of assessing consensus, and in order to reflect and respect the current balance and bicameral structure of the GNSO Council, the Chair shall apply necessary and appropriate weight to the positions of the respective GNSO SG and Cs at Council level,"

Stephanie Perrin (NCSG): I would like to know what price you got...so far I am getting 0....:-)

Alan Greenberg - ALAC:Sorry my line dropped!

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC:alan we can't hear you

James Bladel - RrSG:Thanks Marika. And it makes sense. If something fails to meet that level of support here, it will naturally fail at Council.

Terri Agnew:Alan , you dropped from the telephone and your mic isnot active

Nathalie Peregrine:We're dialing you back on the bridge

Alan Greenberg - ALAC:Be right back

Alan Greenberg - ALAC:Back

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:Can I please confirm, if we have two calls a week, Tuesday and Thursday, will there be enough time to get the transcript from Tuesday's call before Thursday, in case someone misses Tuesday's call? If not, perhaps we should think of having calls on Monday & Thursday?

Nathalie Peregrine:@Ayden, yes Tuesday transcripts will be available 12hrs after the end of the call.

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:amazing, thanks @Nathalie

Nathalie Peregrine:Pleasure!

Marika Konings:Note that the charter outlines in detail the process for consensus designations.

Milton Mueller (NCSG):Right Alan, but a complete SG + 1 member of another SG CAN veto a decision
Amr Elsadr - NCSG:Ideally, the Council should vote on the process, not on the findings or recommendations. Not that ideal scenarios are common. :-)

Ashley Heineman (GAC):I hope we aren't trying to reopen what is already articulated in the Charter regarding consensus.

James Bladel - RrSG:You know you're on an ICANN call wehn.... *woof woof*

Alex Deacon- IPC:+1 Ashley

Milton Mueller (NCSG):Ashely the charter does not specify how many people or constituencies or SGs constitute rough consensus vs division

Marika Konings:See Section IV: Rules of Engagement of the charter for further details on the decision-making methodologies.

Marika Konings:as well as the section I just quoted in the chat which appears in the EPDP Team structure section

Alan Greenberg - ALAC:@Milton, not quite: "GNSO Supermajority" shall mean: (A) two-thirds (2/3) of the Council members of each House, or (B) three-fourths (3/4) of the Council members of one House and a majority of the Council members of the other House.

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:24-28 September is better and allows for people to obtain visas

Alan Greenberg - ALAC:So one negative vote from the other SG in the same house can break consensus.

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):oh no we have a meeting on 28th

Chris Disspain - Board Liaison:who is we Farzaneh?

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:how will the meeting date be determined?

Marika Konings:Note that the meetings at ICANN63 still need to be confirmed with Council leadership.

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):I can't do 28th September. is that better Chris?

Kristina Rosette (RySG - Amazon Registry):I appreciate not wanting folks to have to arrive early (earlier than being ready to work on Saturday), but, if we have to, it would be great to know sooner rather than later.

Kristina Rosette (RySG - Amazon Registry):Referring to Barcelona, to be clear.

Marika Konings:Similarly, we'll need a confirmation of resources available to support / organize a F2F meeting outside of an ICANN meeting (the mid-September meeting)

Alan Greenberg - ALAC:For those relying on ICANN travel support, Constituency Travel is already booking, so any early arrival better be set really soon.

Julf Helsingius - NCSG:For ICANN-sponsored travel, I think many of us already have travel to Barcelona booked

Chris Disspain - Board Liaison:Sorry Farzaneh, I thought you were referring to us having a meeting -

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:I unfortunately cannot attend a f2f 17-21 September; just flagging this. I am available 24-28 September, however

Chris Lewis-Evans [GAC]:Agree with Kristina

Alex Deacon- IPC:+1 Kristina (on nailing down the day of the BCN meeting)

Benedict Addis (SSAC):+1 on 90 minutes

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):I prefer not to do 17 September. my birthday, want to not think about EPDP

Milton Mueller (NCSG):Do the math, Alan. 3.4 of the Council members of one House and a majority of the Council members of the other House means One SG + a vote from the other SG

Stephanie Perrin (NCSG):can we please avoid GNSO meetings?

Marika Konings:proposed meeting time is 13.00 UTC based on location of members/liaisons/alternates

Diane Plaut - IPC:I agree that two meetings per week is essential to achieve our goals. I am not available Sept. 17-21, but I am available Sept. 24-28.

Chris Lewis-Evans [GAC]:+1 James

Alan Greenberg - ALAC:@Milton. Agreed, but the "other SG" is one in the same house. You and I know these rules by heart, but not everyone here does.

Alan Greenberg - ALAC:I am fine scheduling for 120 just in case we need to run over a bit. But target 90.

Stephanie Perrin (NCSG):+1 James. Vary time as required. The GNSO rotates the time fairly, we can do the same.

Milton Mueller (NCSG):The main point Alan is that supermajority is defined. In the ePDP it is not. That is dangerous - leaves room for arbitrary decisions that consensus exists when it does not

Marika Konings:We could schedule for 120 minutes, but aim to finish within 90 minutes?

Stephanie Perrin (NCSG):we will need 120

Marika Konings:and agree Stephanie :-)

Alan Greenberg - ALAC:I only referenced that as an example. It needs to be different since this is a superset of the Council.

Alan Greenberg - ALAC:I can live with 120, just a bit more difficult.

Mark Svancarek (BC):+1 Marc

Alex Deacon- IPC:+1 mark - making progress offline is essential.

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):yes I agree with Mark. this is why we should just measure the progress and see how it goes and if we need so many hours and meetings

Ashley Heineman (GAC):It is always safest to schedule more time and give it back if don't need it.

Kristina Rosette (RySG - Amazon Registry):What about splitting the difference - 105 minutes? (Seriously.)

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:not a bad compromise @Kristina

Kavouss Arasteh 2:Alan1

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):ok Ashley, I hope we can give it back if not needed

Berry Cobb:The concept here is that with the yes/no opinion/no question will allow us to quantify initial support for sections of the Temp Spec. Free form will allow for substantial input. The export from the survey will allow us to align the responses by the respective groups and then determine where overall support is found and where it is not. We can then better determine which areas to focus more energy/time on where there is a disagreement.

Ashley Heineman (GAC):give the aggressive schedule a try and see how it goes

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:seems very ambitious to me (actually, not realistic)

James Bladel - RrSG:Will these slides be on the wiki?

Marika Konings:@James - they are already :-)

Stephanie Perrin (NCSG):Please do not use tiny pale blue type on slides. They are not legible to the visually impaired (i.e. all us seniors)

Stephanie Perrin (NCSG):Grey is also not good. Black bold is great.

Kristina Rosette (RySG - Amazon Registry):+1 Stephanie. And I just got new bifocals . . .

Kurt Pritz:@ Stephanie - my beautiful color choice was eliminated when the PPT was converted to PDF

Chris Disspain - Board Liaison:If grey is not good I shall have to buy some Grecian 2000

Marika Konings:Appendix C would need to be kept though as it is part of the Temp Spec.

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):I support elimination of part 4 (with a lot of energy)

Berry Cobb:I'll take ownership for Part 4 and dates. As Kurt said, it was supposed to be 3 and then I created Part 4 for access as to do later when the group does circle around to deliberations on Access.

Berry Cobb:it was mostly to ensure an inventory of the entire document. Staff in consultation with Kurt will remove the dates.

Kavouss Arasteh 2:Part 4 is important but it could be considered later and NOT before 21 August.

Ashley Heineman (GAC):I'm confused. Access is part of the temp spec

Milton Mueller (NCSG):if that's correct, Berry, then take the Aug 19 date off, and defer that discussion until after the gating questions are answered, and the charter calls for

Amr Elsadr - NCSG:@Margie: Not saying that it isn't important or necessary. Just trying to determine when that discussion would yield the most benefit, in terms of how to most wisely use our time.

Marika Konings:Triage is not expected to cover the Annex, that is for later discussion (per the charter)

Alex Deacon- IPC:+1 margie - access is clearly in scope of our work - out outlined in the temp spec.

Ashley Heineman (GAC):OK - I guess it is the co-mingling of the Annex and the issue of access

Milton Mueller (NCSG):Ashley - a unified access model based on ICANN is NOT part of the temp spec.

Milton Mueller (NCSG):The temp spec says that registrars will provide access on request. In that sense, we already have access

Ashley Heineman (GAC):I didn't say a unified access model Milton. There is a section on access in the temp spec and that is what I'm referring to.

Amr Elsadr - NCSG:Nobody said Access is out of scope. But a survey on questions pertaining to access before gating is determined is premature, and will likely need to be redone anyway.

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):yes Ashley but not to be discussed until all the gated questions are answered

Berry Cobb:Again, the inclusion of Part 4 is my mistake for the purpose of the triage.

Marika Konings:section 4 dealing with access is part of the triage effort, just not the annex which is to be dealt with after the gating questions have been answered.

Ashley Heineman (GAC):No - the temp spec includes access and the language should be discussed and/or confirmed as to stay as is or not.

Ashley Heineman (GAC):Agree Marika.

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):so annex has to be removed from part 4. doesn't mean we won't discuss access

Ashley Heineman (GAC):I agree Farzaneh. The annex is later.

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:I would welcome the inclusion of Peter Kimpian. We would be very fortunate to have his expertise amongst us.

Alex Deacon- IPC:Lets agree to all work hard to address and answer the gating questions required for access.

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:He provided the RDS PDP WG with very useful feedback on behalf of the Council of Europe

James Bladel - RrSG:Agree the annex comes after the gating questions.

James Bladel - RrSG:Need to drop at the top of the hour. Thanks all. Progress!

Milton Mueller (NCSG):#4 should not be discussed until the gating questions are answered

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):eliminate from discussion before other gating questions are discussed.

Amr Elsadr - NCSG:To be clear, not suggesting eliminating #4, but only delaying it to a time when we can provide more informed responses to the survey.

Kristina Rosette (RySG - Amazon Registry):If staff isn't already planning to circulate a meeting summary that includes decisions taken (if any) and clear action items, I'd be really appreciative of such a summary. My notes are not at all clear.

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC:+1 kurtz

Milton Mueller (NCSG):So we can remove the date (Aug 19)

Kavouss Arasteh 2:Kurt, we may still ask input on the access but discuss it later

Marika Konings:Date will be the same, but we'll remove the & Annex part :-)

Marika Konings:as we still need your input on the Appendix C

Marika Konings:but there will be a comment box to provide any additional input people want to provide, as Kurt noted.

Marika Konings:and yes, notes / action items will go out shortly after this meeting.

Milton Mueller (NCSG):No, Marika, we cannot discuss access until the gating question are answered

Kristina Rosette (RySG - Amazon Registry):Thanks, Marika!

Kristina Rosette (RySG - Amazon Registry):(for notes/action items)

Ayden Férdeline - NCSG:Thanks all. Good call today

Ashley Heineman (GAC):Thanks Marika. Sounds like a good way forward.

Milton Mueller (NCSG):It's very clear in the charter

Ashley Heineman (GAC):Thanks Kurt.

Alan Woods (RYSG):thank you all

Mark Svancarek (BC):Thanks

Chris Lewis-Evans [GAC]:thanks

Farzaneh Badii (NCSG):thank you

Hadia Elminiawi - ALAC:Thank you - bye

Rafik Dammak - GNSO Council Liaison:thanks all

Amr Elsadr - NCSG:Thanks all. Bye.

Marc Anderson (RySG):thank you all

Leon Sanchez (ICANN Board Liaison):thanks everyone. Good call

Margie Milam (BC):Thanks all!

Alan Greenberg - ALAC:Thanks Kurt, all.

Esteban Lescano - ISPCP:Thanks, bye

Julf Helsingius - NCSG:Thanks all