[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Notice of first meeting of the new IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms Working Group

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Jul 29 00:09:00 UTC 2014

Dear all,

Please note that the first meeting of this Working Group (WG) has been scheduled for Monday 11 August at 1600 UTC (9 a.m. PDT, 12 noon EDT). We apologize in advance if you are not able to make it for this call, although we very much hope you will be available - do note that all future meetings of the WG (including their regularity) will be scheduled after the WG has had a chance to discuss the optimal time, day of the week and regularity of each WG call.

As some of you know, the first meeting of a GNSO WG is of an introductory nature. At the moment, our tentative agenda is:

  1.  Roll Call / Statements of Interest
  2.  Introductions - members of the WG to share information regarding backgrounds, skills, experience (especially as related to any requirements in the WG Charter)
  3.  Applicability of ICANN principles of transparency and openness
  4.  Election of WG Leaders - a Chair is normally selected by WG members at the first meeting of the WG. A WG may elect to have co-chairs or vice-chairs. Once selected, the WG Chair will need to be confirmed by the GNSO Council.
  5.  Items for initial review -  WG Background Materials, WG Charter, GNSO Working Group Guidelines, GNSO Policy Development Process
  6.  Development of Work Plan: GNSO rules require that WGs develop a work plan that outlines the necessary steps and expected timing in order to achieve the milestones set out in the WG Charter
  7.  Confirmation of next meeting

The GNSO Secretariat will send out a calendar invitation/notice in a separate email with call-in details, including details for logging into the Adobe Connect virtual meeting room that we will be using for WG meetings. Please look out for their email containing the information you will need to call in and participate in our first meeting!

Please also let the Secretariat know (gnso-secs at icann.org) if you are unable to make the call.

We will also be sending out to you the relevant Background Materials for your review and reference before the call. In the meantime, here is the link to the WG's webpage: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/active/igo-ingo-crp-access and collaborative wiki workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoicrpmpdp/IGO-INGO+Curative+Rights+Protection+Mechanisms+PDP+Home. Both pages contain links to the WG charter, as approved by the GNSO Council on 25 June 2014.

Thank you.

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong