[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Agenda and documents for WG call on Wednesday 27 May 2015

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Wed May 27 16:07:11 UTC 2015

I found the GAC letter to be lacking. Webster's dictionary defines
"dogma" as "a point of view or tenet put forth as authoritative
without adequate grounds". Unfortunately, this is what the GAC appears
to have delivered in their (very brief) answers.

As a PDP working group, we should not be relying on mere dogma to
determine the path we take. Instead, we should look at the actual
evidence and data, to see where it takes us. We've seen IGOs file
UDRPs and lawsuits, just like any other entity. We've seen court cases
that circumscribe and limit asserted "immunities" of IGOs.These are
undeniable facts.

Personally, I expected better from the GAC (and the IGOs, if/when they
decide to respond to our requests). I do have confidence, though, that
this working group will come to a well-reasoned conclusion based on
the actual evidence.