[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] MP3, Attendance & AC Chat for IGO-INGO CRP PDP WG call on Thursday, 08 June 2017

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Jun 8 18:50:56 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and MP3 recording along with the AC recording and
chat below for the IGO-INGO Curative Rights Protection PDP WG Meeting held
on Thursday, 08 June 2017 at 16:00 UTC.

Mp3:  https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-crp-access-08jun17-en.mp3

AC Recording:
<https://participate.icann.org/p5mr9ivogrq/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=980ecc2001b7c56d
b17d5aadc92897136cc52b6e4e095d668c49bb166b20dd87>
https://participate.icann.org/p5mr9ivogrq/

Calendar page:  <https://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar>
https://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Attendees:

George Kirikos

Petter Rindforth

Mason Cole

Paul Tattersfield

David Maher

Phil Corwin

Osvaldo Novoa

Nat Cohen

  Apologies:

  Jay Chapman

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Steve Chan

Berry Cobb

Dennis Chang

Terri Agnew

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo-crp/

Wiki Agenda page:    <https://community.icann.org/x/njbwAw>
https://community.icann.org/x/njbwAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Thursday, 08 June 2017

    Terri Agnew:Welcome to the IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection
Mechanisms Working Group call on Thursday, 08 June 2017 at 16:00 UTC for 90
minutes

  Terri Agnew:agenda wiki page:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_n
jbwAw
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_
njbwAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpC
IgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=6mVdPjzVIZckSMOhJSVWWtazk8FKYoq1c43se8Fqgr
U&s=Qa7PjOFu7h7HJz0e1PcJumAwWdsy5SYtYtSqh_YmMmc&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=6mVdPjzVIZckSMOhJSVWWtazk8FKYoq1c43se8FqgrU&s=Qa
7PjOFu7h7HJz0e1PcJumAwWdsy5SYtYtSqh_YmMmc&e=

  George Kirikos:Hi folks.

  Paul Tattersfield:Hi everyone

  George Kirikos:Hi Paul.

  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello all.

  George Kirikos:Hi Osvaldo.

  George Kirikos:I think the agenda is to go over the pros/cons doc that
went out today.

  George Kirikos:??

  George Kirikos:i.e. alternative procedure

  Petter Rindforth:...and finally I reached by phone as well :-)

  George Kirikos:We've already identified cases in the Swaine report on UDRP
cases brought by IGOs.

  George Kirikos:(Swaine repeated the cases we'd identified on the mailing
list, etc.)

  George Kirikos:2 weeks ago (no call last week).

  Berry Cobb:@Phil - yes.  It is now part of GNSO Op Procedures as part of
DMPM recommendations.  Impact analysis on proposed recommendations.

  Berry Cobb:Data & Metrics for Policy Making.  A WG concluded in 2013.
About data driven analysis in policy development.

  Mason Cole:Feedback on the line

  George Kirikos:Someone's slurping a drink?

  Mary Wong:sorry I'm having connectivity problems

  Paul Tattersfield:Steve what are you classing as "their domains"?

  George Kirikos:I understand the idea of a risk assessment. Just concerned
about ICANN staff doing self-directed data collection/analysis, that hadn't
gone through the working group members first.

  Mary Wong:the staff research is supposed to assist with the risk analysis
the WG agreed to last week and that steve just clarified

  Berry Cobb:I'll defer to next week, please.  I'm not dialed in.

  George Kirikos:Staff are here to support the working group, and shouldn't
be doing independent/self-directed research, in my view.

  Paul Tattersfield:Is there a list of the 192? IGOs that the GAC wanted to
"protect"?

  Mary Wong:paul, yes - it's the GAC list from 2013 that is out predecessor
wg looked at and used too

  Paul Tattersfield:thanks Mary, has there been any updates to it?

  Mary Wong:paul, no

  Mary Wong:note that this is a staff draft meant to facilitate WG
discussion and not intended as conclusory or any sort of staff view

  Paul Tattersfield:I think it's also worth noting he articles of the IGO's
require them to settle disputes in an appropriate forum this doesn't
necessarily  ean only the forum that the IGO chooses.

  Paul Tattersfield:ean=mean

  George Kirikos:Same for country-code TLDs.

  Petter Rindforth:Again, a separate DRP seems to be an easy way in the
first thought, but once anyone study all the details it seems more difficult
to create and to work in a practical and acceptable way

  George Kirikos:+1 Petter.

  George Kirikos:US Govt was also concerned about "fake" IGOs.

  George Kirikos:Small group proposal was sloppy, confusing and/or in a few
places, etc., i.e. not just "forum shopping", but legal test shopping.

  Paul Tattersfield:That's another list I think it would be helpful to see
George

  George Kirikos:Indeed, Paul.

  Mason Cole:need to head to another call.  see some of you in jo'burg.
thanks Petter and Phil.

  Petter Rindforth:See you there!

  Mary Wong:on the down how negative in point 3, I think we could have
phrased it better as a drp that is "based on something other than trademark
rights" (instead of "not on trademark rights"). sorry for the confusion.

  George Kirikos:Option 2 is not best for the domain owner!

  Mary Wong:  ** double (not down how)

  George Kirikos:Is anyone supporting a separate DRP? Perhaps a straw poll?

  George Kirikos:X to oppose?

  Petter Rindforth:George, I see your hands up ;-)

  Mary Wong:should we also take this question to the mailing list?

  Petter Rindforth:Yes

  George Kirikos:"Full consensus"

  George Kirikos::-)

  George Kirikos:Dennis = staff

  George Kirikos:So, that's everyone.

  George Kirikos:Subject to anyone on the mailing list objecting, though, as
Mary suggested.

  George Kirikos:Add that as an Action Item, perhaps.

  George Kirikos:Ask if anyone objects to closing the "Separate DRP" topic.

  Mary Wong:will there be a meeting on 22 June?

  Terri Agnew:ICANN59 final schedule:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__icann59johannesburg2017
.sched.com_
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__icann59johannesburg201
7.sched.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dX
AvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=6mVdPjzVIZckSMOhJSVWWtazk8FKYoq1c43s
e8FqgrU&s=_qz_J664p21UjYhPcO1clI7UZE6BC99x11tnlqehnq8&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=6mVdPjzVIZckSMOhJSVWWtazk8FKYoq1c43se8FqgrU&s=_q
z_J664p21UjYhPcO1clI7UZE6BC99x11tnlqehnq8&e=

  George Kirikos:So, will there be another GNSO council status update,
meeting with IGOs, etc?

  Mary Wong:we can discuss the joburg agenda on next week's call perhaps

  Steve Chan:Thanks Terri, and here is the link to the specific meeting:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__sched.co_B49J
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__sched.co_B49J&d=DwIFaQ&
c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfq
a0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=6mVdPjzVIZckSMOhJSVWWtazk8FKYoq1c43se8FqgrU&s=v72o-APNeyoY
oNM5Hmwubx7sab5arVySOPMMTS35qjw&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=6mVdPjzVIZckSMOhJSVWWtazk8FKYoq1c43se8FqgrU&s=v7
2o-APNeyoYoNM5Hmwubx7sab5arVySOPMMTS35qjw&e=

  Terri Agnew:working group taking place Tuesday, 27 June 10:30-12:00 local
time

  Steve Chan:FYI, Mary and I are both traveling the 22nd.

  George Kirikos:Ugh, that's in the middle of the night in North America.

  Terri Agnew:The next IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection
Mechanisms Working Group call will take place on Thursday, 15 June 2017 at
16:00 UTC for 90 minutes

  Petter Rindforth:Ballroom 2...

  George Kirikos:4:30 am Toronto/NYC time. :-)

  George Kirikos:(6 hours difference)

  George Kirikos:Bye folks.

  Mary Wong:there will prob also be a chance for phil and petter to update
the Council on Monday

  Paul Tattersfield:thanks Phil, all bye