[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Article on Forced Arbitration and Bias

Paul Keating Paul at law.es
Sat Jun 10 16:44:58 UTC 2017

Yes,

The issue is that it presents an opportunity for abuse - just the way that
NAF abused its position of arbitration in credit card disputes - to such
an extent that the DA forced them to surrender their license and abandon
the business.  The only reason that NAF did not also lose its ability to
serve as an ADR for UDRP was that they falsely claimed that ICANN acted in
a supervisory role such that they could not abuse the UDRP system.

So no, arbitration is not the golden child of dispute resolution systems.

PRK