[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] FOR REVIEW/ACTION: Follow up from Working Group call today

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Thu Mar 30 21:15:00 UTC 2017

Dear all,

As requested on the Working Group call held earlier today, please find attached a copy of the draft text that had been prepared in 2007 for a possible alternative dispute resolution procedure for IGOs, based on Article 6ter of the Paris Convention, for your review and further discussion.

Also as noted on the call, for next week we will continue with the review of comments submitted by the GAC (briefly, since we covered this substantially on the call today), WIPO, OECD and the US Government. Following from suggestions made on the call today, as you review these – and all other public comments submitted – you may wish to consider them in the context of the following questions:

·         Does this add new/further information to the Working Group’s deliberations?

·         How should this comment affect the Working Group’s thinking as to our initial recommendations, e.g. do they need to be clarified or amended for the Final Report in view of this input?

Finally, staff will send around a table excerpting and categorizing all public comments received as of our closing date (31 March) early next week. We hope the document will assist in the Working Group’s review of input received, and we note specifically that the group is expected to have considered all comments, for which reviewing the full comments is likely to be helpful. You can find all comments submitted here:  https://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-igo-ingo-crp-access-initial-20jan17/

Thanks and cheers
Mary