[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Proposed Implementation of GNSO Consensus Policy Recommendations for the Protection of IGO&INGO Identifiers in All gTLDs

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Thu May 18 12:07:15 UTC 2017

Thanks Mary

George, the portion of the proposal that relates to our WG is this-

                Specifically, the names that are protected by this policy are:

        ...             2.Full names of specific IGOs in up to two (2) languages: reservation at the top- and second-level.

If implemented, this will somewhat reduce any potential need for recourse to CRP by IGOs by blocking registration of their full names at the second level in two languages. Access to CRP would remain relevant for registration of the full name in a third language, registration of their acronym, and confusingly similar domain registrations.

Hope that helps.

Best, Philip

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC