[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] GAC advice on IGO protections

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Thu Nov 2 15:44:26 UTC 2017

WG Members:

In my view this GAC Advice shows a bit more flexibility and willingness to consider the merits of our final report than prior communications.

In addition, I was very pleased that our working session yesterday was attended by some members of the ICANN Board, and several senior executives including CEO Marby. I believe they were all favorably impressed by the care we have taken in our work and that our likely recommendations are based upon an informed view of the proper roles of ICANN versus that of national legislatures and judicial systems. CEO Marby indicated to me that he has a high personal interest in our work and wishes to help facilitate a full understanding of our final report by all members of the ICANN community, including GAC members, prior to the issuance of any future GAC advice on the matters we have been addressing.

Best to all,

Philip

Philip S. Corwin

Founding Principal