[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Consolidated results of informal poll constituting preliminary consensus call on Options A-C

Petter Rindforth petter.rindforth at fenixlegal.eu
Fri Nov 17 23:22:12 UTC 2017

Dear George,

I think you have made it continuously clear that you are in favour of Option A. And, as a WG member, you are of course free to explain why you voted for Option A.

However, the fact is that we not just only have a clear majority support for Option C (9 supports and 2 that can live with it), compared to Option A (5 supports and 1 that can live with it), it is also clear that there is a majority against Option A (8 does not support), compared to Option C (3 does not support).

This is not just Philip’s and mine arguments, it is the pure fact.

I can fully understand that, as in all voting cases, it may sometimes be hard to understand why a majority has other thoughts about a specific topic.

And all WG members had (and have) their freedom to further explain and argue their support for a specific solution/option. As you say George, sometimes a support for one specified option needs more detailed explanation, where other options may be more clear, "fair and balanced".

As to Option 6: As you may recall, you have made the presentation during our WG meetings, and we (the full WG) have discussed it. As you also may recall, the conclusion within our WG meetings was that not all courts would accept that, independently of what the parties have agreed upon. During last call, we invited you to - during the upcoming week – provide us (the WG) with your suggestion on your proposed specific solution to be added to the current description of the arbitration option for consideration by the WG.

I therefore look forward your specific wording / suggestion on that topic.

All the best,

Petter

--
Petter Rindforth, LL M

Fenix Legal KB
Stureplan 4c, 4tr
114 35 Stockholm
Sweden
Fax: +46(0)8-4631010
Direct phone: +46(0)702-369360
E-mail: petter.rindforth at fenixlegal.eu
www.fenixlegal.eu

NOTICE
This e-mail message is intended solely for the individual or individuals to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential attorney-client privileged information and attorney work product. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are requested not to read, copy or distribute it or any of the information it contains. Please delete it immediately and notify us by return e-mail.
Fenix Legal KB, Sweden, www.fenixlegal.eu
Thank you