[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Co-Chairs' proposal for Working Group consideration - UPDATED

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Wed Oct 4 10:39:18 UTC 2017

In my email last week:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo-crp/2017-September/000849.html

I pointed out various flaws in the "Preliminary Notes" section:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo-crp/2017-September/000849.html

e.g. in relation to Option B, it was asserted:

"They also observe that it would leave registrants of grandfathered
domains without any arbitral appeal option in the event that an IGO
successfully invoked judicial process
immunity."

which is obviously incorrect, because in that scenario "Option A"
would apply, and there would not be any need for the registrants to
seek arbitration, given the UDRP decision would be vitiated.