[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] PLEASE COMPLETE SURVEY to detect consensus on Options A, B or C

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Mon Oct 16 20:39:25 UTC 2017

Dear Working Group members,

At the direction of the co-chairs and with their approval, staff has prepared the following survey that we are asking all members to fill out by 1800 UTC on Monday 23 October. The purpose of the survey is to enable Phil and Petter to determine the level of preliminary consensus amongst all members for each of the three options under discussion, relating to the situation where a respondent has filed court proceedings against an IGO and the IGO has successfully claimed immunity in that court. As our open community session at ICANN60 will be devoted to a presentation and discussion of all our proposed final recommendations, it is important for Phil and Petter to know which option is the most preferred at this stage.

  *   Link to survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VCP8VKD

  *   Link to background materials: https://community.icann.org/x/64ZEB (you will find the slides used by Petter and Phil to present all the proposed final recommendations and options during the webinar last week, as well as the most current version of the Options A, B and C document, under Background Documents. Please be sure to review these to familiarize yourself with the full details of the three options).

Please note that this survey is not intended to be a formal vote, nor does it replace the mandatory consensus call that will take place on all the final recommendations prior to our submission of the Final Report to the GNSO Council. The co-chairs currently expect the Working Group to finalize all recommendations following community feedback at ICANN60.

Please raise any questions or concerns you may have to this mailing list before the survey closes on Monday 23 October.

Thanks and cheers
Mary