[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] FOR DISCUSSION: Co-Chairs' proposal for Working Group consideration this week

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Wed Sep 27 02:26:20 UTC 2017

Sent by ICANN staff on behalf of the Working Group co-chairs

Dear Working Group members,
As we near completion of our work on this PDP, we as the co-chairs of our Working Group wish to make the following suggestions for a path forward. Noting that we are now four (4) meetings out from ICANN60 in Abu Dhabi, our plan is to present the draft final text of all our proposed consensus recommendations to the community there for discussion and feedback, prior to filing our Final Report in November. To that end:
(1) we particularly request that members who have not been able to participate actively or recently, now take a moment to respond to the staff’s messages regarding your continuing participation in this Working Group; and
(2) we propose discussing the three options in the attached document on the Working Group call this Thursday, concerning the scenario where a losing respondent challenges the initial UDRP/URS determination in court, with a view toward seeing whether it will be possible to get group consensus on one of them. We understand that there are additional details regarding these options that are not fully discussed in the document, and on which further consensus will be sought if a specific option has consensus support.
We hope that all Working Group members will make every effort to join this final stage of deliberations. Following the community discussion at ICANN60, we will again confirm the level of consensus among our members on each of the proposed final recommendations and report, and send the Final Report to the GNSO Council for its review and, hopefully, approval.
Best regards,
Philip and Petter