[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Everything Wrong with the IGO PDP Summary Report from the Liaison (was Re: GNSO Council Liaison Summary Report (Re: IGO-INGO Curative Rights Policy Development Process Working Group))

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Thu Apr 26 16:51:00 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

Attached is a response to the Summary Report prepared by the Liaison,
listing my concerns with it (which I've previously attempted to bring
to the attention of Ms. Kawaguchi and Ms. Forrest, repeatedly and to
no avail). I understand that the Summary Report will be presented to
GNSO Council later today (in 4 hours) as part of an "update" to them,
thus I wanted to formalize these concerns before that call, so they're
on the record.

I carefully read the latest email to the mailing list of an hour ago
(sent on behalf of Susan Kawaguchi),

https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo-crp/2018-April/001138.html

in the hopes that it would have addressed my concern. Had it done so,
I would happiley deleted my document. But I did not see anything that
caused me to modify the response.

In particular, there was no "misunderstanding" -- I read what was in
the actual Summary Report itself and understood its implications (see
the response with the list of concerns). There's still no revised
strawman. There were no scheduled deliberations for this week (i.e.
today) or any planned in the future. Indeed, today's email creates a
brand-new artificial deadline for our work, once again making things
up as they go along. The Summary Report hasn't been withdrawn, or seen
its errors fixed (e.g. clear errors in arithmetic). Instead, concerns
are delegitimized by a sweeping statement that the report was
"misunderstood."

We deserve better than this.

I hope these concerns are taken seriously, so we can move forward and
bring this PDP to a successful conclusion, with a final report that is
in accordance with the long established working group guidelines and
procedures.