[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] FOR REVIEW: Updated Draft Final Report

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Fri May 11 20:01:10 UTC 2018

Dear all,

Please find attached a slightly-updated version of the Draft Final Report, in both Word and PDF formats. As mentioned on the Working Group call yesterday, staff has not redlined it against the Initial Report that was published in January 2017 for public comment, since the result made for a visually complicated document due to our having moved text around on top of new edits. What you will see, however, is a redline of the original Draft Final Report that we had circulated on Wednesday, with the redlined text being updates and new suggestions that we added following the call yesterday.

In particular, please take note that:

  *   To facilitate your review of the substantive changes and new text added to the Initial Report, we have highlighted these in yellow as best we could;
  *   We have attempted to suggest modified text for Recommendation #2, to try to address the group comments from yesterday about accurately reflecting the group’s agreement (amending its previous initial recommendation) on Article 6ter of the Paris Convention; and
  *   We will need to update certain portions (e.g. the results of the formal consensus call, any final agreed text on IGO immunity, membership and attendance, Annexes etc.) before the final version is submitted to the GNSO Council at the end of our consensus process.

As mentioned on the call, staff will greatly appreciate it if you can focus your review on the substance of the report, especially as regards the recommendations, rather than on revising text because you prefer a different wording (and not because the text is inaccurate). In particular, we hope that you will not feel it necessary to edit the text that was retained from the Initial Report (save where you believe the actual substance needs to be deleted or revised). Similarly, while we will of course be glad to have typos and grammatical errors pointed out, please do not feel that you need to do so as we will scrub the text prior to Council submission. We will also be grateful if, as far as possible, you can suggest edits and revisions via comment balloons (or via point-by-point email response) rather than a direct redline – to allow us to keep better track of multiple suggestions and versions.

At present, we do not have information as to when the next Working Group call will take place. Given the need for Petter and Susan to consult with the GNSO Council leadership, however, and to allow time for you to review the report, staff would like to suggest that you send back your comments no later than Monday 21 May.

Thanks and cheers

Mary & Steve