[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] IGO PDP was the model for consensus determination in the EPDP on WHOIS!

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Sat Mar 9 07:50:08 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

Just to change topics briefly, it's worth noting that Kurt Pritz,
chair of the EPDP on WHOIS, posted an email to that mailing list a
couple of weeks ago, describing how he determined the consensus level
designations, see:

https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-epdp-team/2019-February/001710.html

The important section is at:

"We particularly examined the Curative Rights PDP, IGO/NGO PDP and the
Registration Abuse Policies WG (and others). In those we found
examples of designations of consensus where 4 of 15 members disagreed
or representatives of three different GNSO groups disagreed."

In other words, our own consensus level designations have now been
"battle tested" vs the EPDP on WHOIS, which compared their own
designation level methodology with our own.

Importantly, the GNSO Council *adopted* the Final Report of the EPDP on WHOIS.

I believe that this helps demonstrate that GNSO Council needs to
approve our final report's recommendations and send it to the ICANN
Board, otherwise it would be inconsistent with Council's **own vote**
on that EPDP.