[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Task 4 of the Thick WHOIS Implementation Plan (Legal Review)

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Wed Aug 13 19:10:32 UTC 2014

Hi Alan,

I can’t say I disagree with any of your rationale. It makes sense to me. Question though; is the IRT supposed to work on the implementation plan details, or is that supposed to come from staff with us weighing in with feedback and observations? The language in the operating procedures on that seem kinda fuzzy to me, and my understanding is that IRTs have not been common in the past.

Still…, according to the schedule shared, the legal review should be well underway (having started in July). I’m just wondering wether any plans have already been set or not, and whether any of those plans have been acted upon. One of the reasons I’m asking because I’m assuming (I’m making a lot of assumptions at this point) we didn’t have folks from ICANN legal on the last call. I don’t recall any of them participating during the conversation that took place, or confirming their being on the call during the roll-call.

In any case, I agree (Alan) that the legal review shouldn’t put any other work on hold. I had always assumed (there I go again) that the legal review would probably run in parallel with the implementation of the rest of the recommendations made by the WG. Just wondering where we’re at with that right now.

Thanks again.

Amr