[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Consistent Labeling and Display - IRT Input on Draft Consensus Policy Language

Roger D Carney rcarney at godaddy.com
Wed Nov 11 22:57:16 UTC 2015

Thanks Fabien,

A general question/comment about the content. As this document addresses "Implementation Notes" are we planning to include more details, for example the output of the CL&D work detailing the output discrepancies? I think the chart showing what is missing and updates could be cleaned up and either placed within this document or as an appendix or as a reference. I believe this would really help clarify item 2 of Section 1 and would visually show the different requirements between Phase 1 and Phase 2.

A couple specific items within the draft:

*         Section 2.3 lays out the timeline for Phase 2 (Registrar Expiration and Reseller). It does not seem reasonable to set an effective date without having solutions to resolve these two foundation items (Section 2.4). I think the publication of the policy and notes can be set to a timeline but the effective date should be the later of +6 months from publication or completion of the work required in Section 2.4.

*         I think we should make Section 2.4 plural. "Once EPP extensions are defined by the EPPEXT WG (or successor WG), Registries and Registrars will be REQUIRED to implement such EPP extensions in order to facilitate the implementation across the industry."

Thanks
Roger