[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Open Items 5/6 - Inter-registrar Transfers

Fabien Betremieux fabien.betremieux at icann.org
Mon Aug 8 21:45:33 UTC 2016

Dear IRT Members,

In his recent email below, Theo is raising a number of questions related
to the use case where a loosing registrar has transitioned to thick and
the gaining registrar is still thin and not ready to handle thick
registrations:
- would registries support the proposal that registry-level contacts be
deleted if a gaining registrar is not yet ready to handle thick
registrations ?
- are other registrars foreseeing issues such at those presented below by
Theo ?

In addition to the above questions, our scorecard includes an open
question related to the validation of contact data upon transfers during
or after the transition: what validation rules should apply to transfers
requiring the creation of new contacts (registrar-based ROIDs needed) when
data is missing for these contacts ?

We are seeking IRT members input to determine if there should be specific
requirements in the policy language to account for these situations.

Thank you in advance for your discussion of these topics.

Best Regards
Fabien