[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Open Item 7b - Coordination/Incentive for Registrars Migration to Thick

Chris Pelling chris at netearth.net
Thu Aug 11 15:56:38 UTC 2016

Hi Steve,

I am still not overly happy about the "registrar" being named. Anything over and the simple basic numbers of the "TLD" like Roger suggested is not needed in my honest opionon and will simply be used as a stick against a registrar.

Only ICANN can swing the stick, as per the RAA contract between those 2 parties. I am lucky in that the platform we use will simply do it automatically, some other registrar may not be as lucky and ousting them in a public forum is not the best way to make someone do something, whereas ICANN flexing its compliance muscles generally gets things moving :)

Kind regards,

Chris