[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Thick WhoIs IRT - contactvalidation rules

Joyce Lin jlin at 007names.com
Fri Feb 12 17:16:44 UTC 2016

If the address, phone are not required, then ICANN's whois accuracy compliance programs need to be modified,

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en#whois-accuracy
3.3 Public Access to Data on Registered Names. During the Term of this Agreement:

3.3.1 At its expense, Registrar shall provide an interactive web page and, with respect to any ?gTLD? operating a "thin" registry, a port 43 Whois service (each accessible via both IPv4 and IPv6) providing free public query-based access to up-to-date (i.e., updated at least daily) data concerning all active Registered Names sponsored by Registrar in any ?gTLD?. Until otherwise specified by a ?Consensus? Policy, such data shall consist of the following elements as contained in Registrar's database:

3.3.1.1 The name of the Registered Name;

3.3.1.2 The names of the primary nameserver and secondary nameserver(s) for the Registered Name;

3.3.1.3 The identity of Registrar (which may be provided through Registrar's website);

3.3.1.4 The original creation date of the registration;

3.3.1.5 The expiration date of the registration;

3.3.1.6 The name and postal address of the Registered Name Holder;

3.3.1.7 The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the technical contact for the Registered Name; and

3.3.1.8 The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the administrative contact for the Registered Name.

Am I misunderstanding the issue?

Joyce