[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Transition - Input on Implementation Timeline for New Registrations

Fabien Betremieux fabien.betremieux at icann.org
Wed Feb 17 22:19:03 UTC 2016

Dear IRT Members,

In our last IRT meeting on 11 February the following set of milestones was
proposed for the implementation of the transition from thin to thick of new
registrations in .COM, .NET and .JOBS:
* Finalization of Thick WhoIs Policy
* Registries to make system changes
* Registrar notification of changes
* Introduction of optional thick (contact support) in OT&E
* Introduction of optional thick (contact support) in Production
* Registrar notification/transition period
* Cutover to required thick (contacts) for new registrations in OT&E
* Cutover to required thick (contacts) for new registrations in Production
It was further agreed that affected parties participating in the IRT would
share their requirements in terms of notification periods and duration for
each of these phases.

With a view to reaching an agreement on an implementation timeline for the
existing registration track during our next IRT meeting (currently being
planned during the ICANN 55 meeting from 5 to 10 March), we would like to
request you provide your input as soon as possible, and at the latest by
Wednesday 24 February COB. This would allow for discussion of contributions
on the mailing list prior to the meeting.

In the meantime, please share on this list any questions you may have in
relation to the above milestones.

Thank you in advance for your collaboration

Best Regards
--
Fabien Betremieux
Sr. Registry Services & Engagement Manager