[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Notes from Erika Mann on the EU-US Privacy Shield

gtheo gtheo at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 8 08:14:12 UTC 2016

That is an excellent recap, thanks.

However this does not cover the new EU regulations and this is starting
to become an issue the further we move in time.

Back in the day when I made the legal analysis based on the
recommendations, there was not much of an issue. If we as a wholesale
Registrar require explicit consent then we actually need to chase down
like 400k registrants.

Now there are several solutions here. Just thought I point out this
possible barrier that might slow down our migration. We'll see what the
GNSO comes up with.

Thanks,

Theo Geurts