[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Additional suggestions.

gtheo gtheo at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 7 10:36:19 UTC 2016

Thanks, Roger and Joyce for the input.

Let me clarify a few things.

https://community.icann.org/display/TWCPI/IRT+Meetings?preview=/48348893/59643903/IRT-2016.05.31.pdf

-Slide 9 Q1 B.

My suggestion is to keep the RDE format under consideration while we
discuss the alternative when it comes to a bulk upload.

Possible scenario's

1 There will be no bulk alternative
2 The RDE format is not suitable.
3 We can use the format with additional info.

-RDE deposits and privacy protect.

I was under the impression we (registrars) were not required to deposit
the Privacy Protect info. It doesn't make a lot of sense to begin with.
But it appears to be a requirement to also provide the public visible
privacy protect data. So, in theory, the Escrow provider could migrate
such data.

I was not suggesting to migrate data protected data to a public whois
server. That would result in a privacy breach of epic proportions ;)

-Escrow data migration for existing domain registrations.

Roger, those are valid arguments and most likely there are other issues.
Unless people disagree, I think this topic has been caught on by reality
and it is no longer viable to discuss by the IRT as an option. This
could have a been a topic during the WG sessions, but it is now out of
our scope I think.

Best regards,

Theo