[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] For IRT Review - Consistent Labeling & Display - Revised Policy Language

Fabien Betremieux fabien.betremieux at icann.org
Wed Jun 29 15:42:34 UTC 2016

Dear IRT members,

As discussed in our meeting earlier today, we have posted our revision of
the Policy language for implementation of the Consistent Labeling and
Display requirement on our wiki:
https://community.icann.org/pages/editpage.action?pageId=52889541.

It is also attached to this email for your convenience.

Please note that the format of the policy, after our revision, is different
from the draft we posted for public comments in December
(https://www.icann.org/public-comments/rdds-output-2015-12-03-en). We
believe this was necessary to address the feedback we received from the
community and the IRT in terms of the linkage of the Policy with
Specification 3 of the 2013 RRA and the Whois Clarifications Advisory. For
instance, while the draft policy required "The labeling and display of all
gTLD registries web-based RDDS output , must be consistent with: (a)
Specification 3 of the 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA)², the
revised policy lists specific requirements such as ³3. If shown, the
"Registrar Registration Expiration Date" field MUST appear immediately after
the "Registry Expiry Date" field."

Please also note that while the Policy has changed in format, it did not
change in substance in order to address the community¹s feedback we received
in the public comment forum. Therefore, we believe this revision does not
require further public comments and can be announced by 31 July 2016 for
implementation with an effective date of 1 February 2017.

Please review this revised Policy language as soon as possible, ideally
before Friday 8 July COB.

In the meantime, we will use the opportunity of our meeting in Helsinki
tomorrow (http://sched.co/7Mdw) to present and discuss this revised policy
language.

Thank you for your consideration

Best Regards
--
Fabien Betremieux
Sr. Registry Services & Engagement Manager