[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Transition - Your Input on Open Questions - Due Mon. 9 May

gtheo gtheo at xs4all.nl
Wed May 11 10:48:46 UTC 2016

Hi Roger,

Thank you for the clarification and I am actually fine with the
proposal, not that I had major problems with it to begin with, I also
cautioned flexibility at the start of this IRT.

Regarding the grandfathered data (let's keep using this term) and the
burden of correction issue.
I regard it now as a non-issue.

This morning I ran through the most likely scenarios how grandfathered
domains with missing data could slip into our systems but it seems we
are blocking all transfers that are missing the RAA 2013 WHOIS specified
fields.
For IRTP-C, we were going to make things a tad easier transfer wise,
that plan has been canceled now since it is not worth the effort to
correct data with such low-profit margins.

Regarding bulk transfers or as Verisign used to call it BTAPPA, is just
a matter of contracts I guess. The losing and the gaining registrar both
have to agree on such a transfer for starters.

Most logical step (I am not a lawyer), the Registry operator adds an
addendum regarding grandfathered and missing data in the BTAPPA/bulk
data transfer contract.
Or involved Registrars enter into an agreement there regarding
grandfathered data themselves.

Problem solved.

Theo Geurts