[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Thick Whois Transition Policy draft v4

Anderson, Marc mcanderson at verisign.com
Tue Sep 27 15:07:01 UTC 2016

Dennis,

Thank you for sending out this updated version.  In preparation for our upcoming call I have a couple items.

·         Section 2.2 pertains to Registries providing an (alternative) bulk method for the backfill of contact data.  I’d like to propose an update to the language in this section.  Could I have some time during the meeting to present?

·         At the last meeting I brought up the billing contact and agreed to propose clarifying language.  I suggest adding a section 2.11 that states:

The “Billing” contact is optional.  Registry Policy may define if it is required, optional or not supported.  If supported the Billing contact information must be displayed as described in the “Advisory: Clarifications to the Registry Agreement, and the 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) regarding applicable Registration Data Directory Service (Whois) Specifications” (section 22).

I’d also like to get the IRT’s thoughts on the Billing contact in general.  My sense is that no one is really concerned if the billing contact is present or not and that in order to facilitate the transition from thin to thick it would be easiest to not include it.

·         Finally, can we add an agenda item to talk about Escrow of contact data?  It was a topic considered during the PDP deliberations but we haven’t touched on it as part of the IRT deliberations.

Thank you,
Marc Anderson