[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Thick Whois IRT Meeting Agenda - 27 October 2016 Meeting

Chris Pelling chris at netearth.net
Tue Sep 27 19:40:33 UTC 2016

Alan , thank you for your insight regarding the fact that we should bring this to the attention of ICANN legal instead of the GNSO. However, the Role of the IRT is also : If the IRT identifies potential modifications to the policy or recommendations, the team will refer these to the GNSO Council for its consideration and additional guidance.

Taking into account the legal review team never considered the invalidation of Safe Harbor, with the impending invalidation of Privacy Shield how does that work?

Bringing it to the attention of ICANN legal sounds like a way forward (thank you for that suggestion), however, as an EU Registrar, I would like to to see that ICANN legal also consults EU lawyers to ensure the implications for me are clear.

Kind regards,

Chris