[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Thick WHOIS Policy Implementation: project status and the 15 Aug 2017 IRT meeting agenda

Dennis Chang dennis.chang at icann.org
Tue Aug 8 22:44:51 UTC 2017

Dear Thick IRT,

A couple of status items and a recommendation for you.

  1.  The CL&D Policy is now effective with the effective date of 1 Aug 2017. A reminder message was sent to all registries with note on the template for the additional fields 0n 20 Jul 2017. The template has been updated (v2) and posted. https://community.icann.org/display/TWCPI/Documentation. Thank you all for your support and contribution throughout the implementation. This one is finally done as far as the IRT is concerned. We invite you to focus on the Transition policy only from here.
  2.  The Transition Policy web page has been updated with a news: “News - On 20 June 2017, Verisign requested an extension of the 1 August 2017 deadline to Verisign to begin accepting Thick WHOIS data from registrars. The 1 August 2017 data is an optional milestone to registrars to begin voluntarily submitting Thick WHOIS Data to the registry operator. On 29 June 2017, the ICANN organization approved the request for a 120-day extension and registrars may migrate registration data to the registry operator beginning on 29 November 2017. For more information please refer to The Thick WHOIS Transition Policy Update<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/thick-whois-transition-update>.”  Published on: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/thick-whois-transition-policy-2017-02-01-en.

Recommendation for August IRT meeting.

  1.  Next IRT meeting is scheduled for 15 Aug 2017. I do not have topics for the IRT to discuss and therefore recommend that we cancel this month’s meeting.
  2.  Does any member of the IRT have a suggestion of an agenda item? If so, please let us know by 11 Aug 2017. Otherwise, we’ll cancel this month’s meeting. The next meeting will be on 19 Sep 2017.

—
Kind Regards,
Dennis S. Chang
GDD Services & Engagement Program Director
+1 213 293 7889
Skype: dennisSchang
www.icann.org[icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.icann.org&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=dqLP1wJqBvDSYLKrSEaAkCi_Kv0Mk5D_d32n29DHCN8&m=vdLN6AT2bJIbYqchNPIECIdPZs05EU4ciNskJMRZ-7w&s=P3iqGev5bfsa_9MNaD4tccww8TAB2n1rcBGr9gDMPT4&e=>   "One World, One Internet"