[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Updated Consent Agenda Comparison Table

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Wed Apr 25 14:57:15 UTC 2012

Dear All,

As discussed during our last meeting, I've integrated the consent procedure as suggested by J. Scott (see http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-improvem-impl-sc/msg00146.html) into the comparison table which also included the board procedure and the interim procedure used by the GNSO Council (see attached). Please note that I've made a couple of small modifications such as changing President to Chair / Council Leadership and adding 'links to' as an additional option to including the full text of reports in the minutes to reflect existing practice.

One thing I did notice is that the main difference between the board procedure, proposed procedure and the interim Council procedure appears to be that the latter specifically does not allow items on the consent agenda which are to be decided with a motion. This issue was also put forward to the SCI for consideration by the Council leadership: 'In particular, [the SCI] may wish to look at items that may require exclusion from the consent agenda (a motion vote is an obvious example), to serve as guideline for theCouncil Chair and Leadership Team when a GNSO Council meeting agenda is being drafted'. The SCI may wish to consider this issue in further detail at its next meeting.

With best regards,

Marika