[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] MP3 recording of the SCI meeting - 20 December 2012

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Thu Dec 20 22:52:59 UTC 2012

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 rerecording and transcript of the Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation meeting held on Thursday,  20 December 2012 at 20:00UTC.

 http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sci-20121220-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#oct>dec
(transcripts and recording are found on the calendar page)
As requested on the call, at the bottom of the attendance list, you will find the list of members currently subscribed to the mailing list.

Attendees:
Ronald Andruff - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Primary - chair
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - ISPCP - Primary
Angie Graves - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Alternate
Anne Aikman-Scalese - IPC Alternate
Avri Doria - Non Commercial SG - Primary - vice chair
James Bladel - Registrar Stakeholder Group - Alternate
Jennifer Wolfe - NCA
Alain Berranger - NPOC - Primary

Apologies :
Mary Wong -NCUC
J. Scott Evans - IPC Primary

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Julie Hedlund
Glen de Saint Géry

Members subscribed to the mailing list

Ron Andruff - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Primary
Angie  Graves - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Alternate
J Scott Evans -  IPC Primary
Anne Aikman Scalese - IPC Alternate
Tony Holmes  - ISPCP - Alternate
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben -- ISPCP - Primary

Avri Doria - Non Commercial SG - Primary - vice chair
Mary Wong - Non Commercial SG - Alternate

Alain Berranger  - NPOC primary
Jennifer Wolfe - NCA primary

Thomas Rickert -NCA alternate

James  Bladel - Registrar Stakeholder Group - Alternate
Jennifer Standiford - Registrar SG Primary
Ray Fassett RySG - Primary

Jonathan Robinson - RySG Alternate

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Glen

Adobe Connect chat transcript:

Marika Konings:Welcome to the SCI Meeting of 20 December 2012

  Julie Hedlund 2:Here is the member list:

  Julie Hedlund 2:https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosci/4.+Members

  Bladel:Thank you.

  Marika Konings:Something the SCI may want to consider as well for future consensus call is whether a response is required from all SG/Cs or whether no response counts as support.

  avri:i was on the call.  In fact I am in the At-LArge WG that hosted the wedbnar., thohg not a co-author of the R3 recomemndations.

  avri:i listened to it

  Wolf Knoben:look at the bylaws where the GNSO is defined as the policy development body in the gTLD area

  avri:Great set of complications marika, I think they should all be covered in the new recommendations are recommend by the IPC.

  Alain Berranger, NPOC:thanks Wolf... so ICANN community is there in the Multi-Stakeholder space/map solely to produce policy recommendations via GNSO?

  avri:it may need another comment cycle

  Wolf Knoben:There shall be a policy-development body known as the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO), which shall be responsible for developing and recommending to the ICANN Board substantive policies relating to generic top-level domains

  avri:i did it too.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Ulie,

  avri:We especially need for g-council emmebrs to read them.  i would liek to have the g-council embers take a similar survey.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Julie, could you please send me a word version of the revised paragraph that went out for public comment  with footnote?   Anne

  Julie Hedlund 2:Yes Anne

  Julie Hedlund 2:I will do so as soon as this meeting ends

  Julie Hedlund 2:if not before

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Thank you. Anne

  Bladel:I'm sorry, but I need to drop the call.  Losing power. :(

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org
http://gnso.icann.org