[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCI meeting agenda

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Jun 20 14:33:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

Assuming none of the SG/Cs wish to take up the issue as their own (I have not consulted with mine yet), another possibility is that ALAC, using its liaison status with the g-council, bring up the issue of SOI (CoI) with the g-council itself. The g-council could then send the issue to the SCI, ignore it, or find some other approach. Alternatively, ALAC could request an issues report on the subject of SOI/CoI in GNSO policy making etc.

One thing the GNSO should probably avoid, especially during this time of ICANN introspection concerning conflicts of interest, is ignoring the issue.

But I agree we should handle this within the rules established by our charter.

avri