[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCI activity

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Mar 5 23:05:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

A late response.  And to think I  am supposed to be the v-chair.

Anyway.

I. I am very nervous about the consent agenda idea.  I would like to hear more about

1. Who gets to put it in the consent agenda. Is the chair alone enough or does it need unanimous consent of the leadership threesome
2. Does it need to be on the consent agenda when the agenda is first published?
3. is one person enough to remove it from the consent agenda?
4. How much time does someone have to remove it from the consent agenda?   Can it be removed at the last minute?
5. What can and can't be put on a consent agenda: a issue report request, a pdp vote, charters, drafting team policy recommendations, canceling a comment period?

I am inclined against it.  And incidentally was not happy the Board started doing it either.  I think too much stuff can either get swept under the rug, or passed without adequate discussion using such a mechanism.

II. I think reminding people of the function and existence of the SCI is a good idea.  And a letter is fine. Perhaps not this time around but next, we can arrange for each member of the  group to give a std presentation to their SG?Con the goings on, or lack thereof of the group.

III. Oh no, not another survey effort!!!

At this point I think this might be better done by the group reps and that standard presentation I spoke of.  the SCI reps should be the ones working their SG/C for problems or issues.  And if there are now, we should be happy that no problems have arisen.

III. Have we created our schedule yet of the periodic review processes we were going to be responsible for.  Perhaps we should pick something this year for review.

avri